Saturday, July 1, 2017

Hello July!



Whoa what I PROMISE IT WAS JUST FEBRUARY! 

Also why is February spelled so weird. Feb-you-air-ee. Is that not how we pronounce it? Is that not how it should be spelled? 



Hi guys!! June is over and WOW AM I GLAD because, fun fact, July is my favorite month x). WHY, YOU ASK. Because it's the epitome of summer! Because fireworks and barbecues and beaches and pools and milkshakes and bare feet and hot sand and NO STRESS YAY. 

LIFE THINGS

June was freaking stressful! I wrote five essays for my college application. Five essays. It was difficult and I almost died, but no worries, because I finished the whole application and sent it in the other day! Also I have a job interview on Monday, praise the Lord, because I need a job badly. It's at this local cafe and I'm really excited x). 

I've been exercising more. I stopped putting sugar in my tea (AUDIBLE GASP FROM AUDIENCE). I tried an improv class? (I suck) I've been going to daily Mass with my brothers, which is so helpful, because not only is it just a good thing to do, it helps give my day a bit of structure. In the beginning of summer I was sleeping in until like ten or eleven. Blah. And then I would feel very lethargic for the rest of the day. NO SIR. I now make myself get up at eight and go to Mass and then I come home and go for a walk or go out to breakfast with my brothers or something, and then I GET THINGS DONE. Like crazy long applications or reading or writing or whatever. 

Also I've started watching Downton Abbey and I need someone to flail with. 

WRITING THINGS

So remember my plot-less book? It now has a plot!! And I've started writing it! And it's all very exciting. Updates to come. 

I also wrote five essays. 
Oh the joy of that sentence. 

But seriously I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a story. I'm still debating NaNo this coming November, maybe I'll do it but I just can never tell what my schedule will be like that far into the future (I don't even know what I'm eating for lunch yet.) I hope to do it though. 

BOOK THINGS

I received an ARC of the Blood Race from Kate! I have not finished it yet but I LOVE IT SO FAR, THANK YOU KATE FOR WRITING THIS!! 

I tried to read this book about the Salem witch trials, but I have such a huge TBR pile that I returned it to the library because I couldn't let myself be distracted. I have a bunch of books to read for this summer program I'm going to in a few weeks. 

BY THE WAY I will be gone next month, due to that, and won't be able to post a Hello August post, NOR WILL I BE ABLE TO POST ON MY BLOGOVERSARY! I'll be gone for my third blogoversary! But I'll post as soon as I get back, a few days after. 


JUNE WAS...

//foggy days

//coffee mugs

//sparkly tattoos

//eating ice cream straight from the carton

//burgers

//airplanes

//small crowded kitchens

//melted chocolate

//wet grass

//dressing up

//board games

//rap and crazy driving

//headlights on a deserted road

//early morning bird chirps

//butterflies

FAVORITE JUNE MOMENTS...

//toasting marshmallows over the kitchen stove

//baking with my friends and trying not to eat all the brownies

//watching my cousin throw his tassel and cap into the air

//curling up on the couch with ice cream, watching Downton Abbey

//hiding away in the corner of the kitchen with my cousins, dressed up from a fancy event, watching movies on someone's laptop

//looking out at an airplane runway and trying to figure out how we could steal one of the planes x)

//discovering new cafes

//running down a dirt road late at night, laughing too loudly

//exhaling as I finally hit submit and sent in the final part of my college application


LET'S TALK! HOW WAS YOUR JUNE?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh you're reading The Blood Race, too?? How far in are you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAH YES Chapter twelve I think? It's so good!

      Delete