Wednesday, July 5, 2017


MODESTY

n.


the quality of being relatively moderate, limited, or small in amount, rate, or level.

behavior, manner, or appearance intended to avoid impropriety or indecency.




So what is this modesty I speak of? It's hardly talked about in our modern, secular society. It's "old news". 

This is because the world has stopped asking the fundamental questions. 

Who are you? 

a child of God

To whom do you belong?

I belong to my Divine Creator

Why are you here? 

I am here to learn to know, love, and serve my Lord in this world and this life. 

What is your life about?

my life is about Him who loves me. 

My life is not about me. 

My life is not about me.

My life is about Him who is SO MUCH MORE than me. 

My life is about learning about HIM.

My life is about SERVICE TO GOD.

My life is about LOVE. Love for God.



People sometimes take this to an extreme too. They think it means we must hate ourselves. NO, of course not. How could we hate ourselves?? God looked at the world and decided it need YOU in it. The world, with the majestic mountains, the shimmering lakes and pulsing oceans, the stars in the sky--needed you. And so how could we hate ourselves? 

But we must remember that God created us. 

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about finding who God meant for you to be.

Life isn't about creating yourself. Life is about figuring out who God has already created you to be. 

You mean so much to Him. 

Don't throw it away by being immodest, in any sense of the word. 

Your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who burns inside you. Your body is not yours to abuse. 

Pride cannot take over you. Anything good you've done or have in your life has come from the grace of God. 
And I don't say that to discourage. That should encourage. 

He loves you. Remember that.

10 comments:

  1. "The world, with the majestic mountains, the shimmering lakes and pulsing oceans, the stars in the sky--needed you." <<< THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I'VE READ THIS WEEK :'''')

    rock on,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AGREE 10000000 percent (I would have used the percent sign but that key doesn't work on the laptop WHICH IS THE MOST ANNOYING THING EVER xD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XDDD omg for the longest time the J key on my laptop didn't work and it was so frustrating x)

      Delete
  3. So lovely!

    I followed your blog, and I would sincerely appreciate it if you checked out my book reviews blog at https://elsbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ and possibly give it a follow as well! Excited to read more of your posts!

    - El

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, El!! I'll definitely be checking out your blog :) <3

      Delete