Thursday, January 22, 2015

Stressing

I leave for San Fran tomorrow, and I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous. I haven't even packed yet! I guess I'm kind of looking forward to the whole thing being over, but I'm like this all the time before doing something like this. When we actually get there I'll be fine. 

But can you really blame me for stressing? I'm going without any of my family members, staying the weekend in a place I've never been before (with two other random schools! We're all staying in the same place), and walking around protesting in a city where there are people who literally hate my guts for protesting. 
But I'll be with my school. And they're like a big family to me. I'm going to be fine, but somehow my brain keeps telling me to stress. 

I think part of it is also that I've never done anything like this before. Next year, if I do this again, I'll feel better about it. 

I tried to write a poem to take my mind off of everything, but it turned out horrible. I might try to fix it, but if I do, it'll be next week. After this weekend is over. When most of my boulder of stress has crumbled. 
This month hasn't been a generally good month for me, emotionally. I hope February is better. 

But I'll bet I'm going to come back and do a post about how great the trip was. And I eagerly await the day I shall write it. 

I'm off the have tea. Or pack. Not sure which I should do first. 
--Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment