Saturday, January 17, 2015

Updates

Back with a few updates. 

Update #1: 

I've dropped out of the play. I KNOW I was all excited for it, but honestly, I'm not much of an actress. I look back on every acting role I've ever had and think, ooooooooooh boy... I'm not good on stage. I had to lector at Mass on Tuesday and I think I almost fainted. So yeah, not good in front of crowds. 
But Abby, you say, you're a dancer, aren't you? 
Okay, thats different. If I'm dancing on stage, I don't have to do any talking. It's easier to pretend that the audience isn't there, at least for me. 
Anyway, I think it'll be more fun to watch it. H.M.S. Pinafore is a hilarious play. If I was in it, I wouldn't get to appreciate it as much as I can by watching the whole thing and not knowing what's going to happen next. 
(Well, technically I do know what'll happen next, I still have the script the director gave me... sshhh...

Plus, I want to do another semester of art. I really liked that class and we're going to do some paintings and stuff this semester. My grandmother wants me to paint her a specific painting, and so I'm going to start working on that, but I'll do another post about it when I'm finished with it. It's got a really interesting backstory... 

Update #2: 

I'm going to the San Francisco Walk For Life next weekend! The Pro-Life club at school, plus some other high school students who weaseled their way in, are all driving up this coming Friday. I'm glad I'm in the Pro-Life club because I got a definite spot for the trip. There were fifty spots available, and the club gets first choice. Then the leftover spots are open to others. (There's only like twenty kids in the club, though, so it was pretty fair. I think there's only about fifty or sixty kids in the whole high school...) 

It should be a lot of fun. I'm not so eager for the car ride, however. It's going to be six to eight hours long! I'm in the same car as two of my friends, Em and Grace, and we're coming up with ways to pass the time. Grace, who happens to be a wizard in the kitchen, is baking lemon bars and cookies and stuff and Em's going to bring movies. Me? I'm hoping I don't curl up into a little shell and become all anti-social and grouchy and sleepy. It tends to happen on car trips. I'm bringing a book and music to listen to in case I do retreat into a little hole. 

I'm also happy that I get to stand up for what I believe in. Abortion is so horrible in every way. I don't see how these people think it's okay. Why is murder illegal, but abortion isn't? It's the same thing. ust because the baby is inside the mother doesn't make him or her any less human. 
(At this point, I usually go into a long rant about abortion, but I need to wrap this post up soon, so I'll leave it at this: 
How much does an abortion cost? 
ONE HUMAN LIFE.) 

Update #3: 

This morning, I was reading Josie's blog and she was talking about this thing she was signed up for where you paint fifty wooden pegs to look like a saint (you do all the pegs the same saint). Then in the Summer theres a huge exchange and you end up with fifty different peg-saints. 
I was thinking about it when my mom came into the room with a big smile on her face, "Guess what I signed us up for?" 
Wow. 
My mother has fabulous timing. 
So we're doing Saint John Paul II. He seems simple enough, and to be honest, I'm kinda looking forward to it. It should be interesting. Although, what we're going to do with fifty painted peg-saints is beyond my knowledge. My guess is my sisters will lose them within the week. 

So now y'all are updated. Sorry for my lake of posting of the late. 

--Abby 
I think my siblings are watching Spiderman in the next room. I'm hearing a lot of crashing and screaming and witty banter going on...

3 comments:

  1. Haha! That's so funny :)
    We're doing the dolls too. And cuz we're crazy we're doing two. Our Lady of Lourdes and Junipero Serra specifically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 100 dolls? dang! we can barely handle fifty xD

      Delete
    2. Umm...yeah. Same here, hehe. :) So it probably wasn't a very smart idea. We only have 50 done. ;P Fifty are unpainted!! Yikes!! :(

      Delete