Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Dance Nostalgia.

Isn't it funny how just one object can bring back a whole flood of memories?
Dance is like that to me; a whole flood of memories. It was so important to me, and it still is in some ways. Just maybe in different ways than it was three years ago.

I decided to quite dance in sixth or seventh grade during a fit of tears because I was super behind on homework and I was still getting through the homeschool-to-regular-school transition, and I was doing five or six hours of dance a week and little thirteen-year-old me couldn't take in any longer. I remember sitting at my desk crying over homework because I was so overwhelmed and I was thinking, So now it ends? The ten years of dance training, just thrown out the window? Because dance used to be everything to me.

And all those emotions came rolling through my head again this afternoon when I found my first pair of pointe shoes.

And naturally, I took pictures of my feet because I'm just so freaking weird like that.

Here they are! 
They no longer fit me. I forced them on anyway.

Feet are so weird... I always loved how
dancers could make ugly feet look beautiful.


A black-and-white, just for y'all

Trying to be artsy...

So many memories, you guys...
Walking around in them today absolutely killed my arches because my feet are totally not pointe-shoe worthy anymore. 
Another reason I miss dance, and a bit of a less deep reason, is because for my whole life,I could get out of going on runs because I could say that running hurt my flexibility. I could get out of exercise in general because I had dance as my form of exercise and it was a good one. But now I have no form of exercise for myself and I'm totally lazy and out of shape and I'm kinda worried about myself. I'm super underweight and way too thin and I don't eat nearly enough. And now I don't exercise either. Like, I'm not a doctor, but this can't be healthy...

I gotta get back in shape. I'll start now. 
^^said no American ever

But seriously. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those shoes! That has to be so bittersweet looking back now, gosh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it is! Congrats on your new pointe shoes!!

      Delete