Saturday, February 11, 2017

oh look another poem that doesn't rhyme. that's good.

[my post titles are becoming more sarcastic than anything else.] 









i feel a lot like seventeen. 




we're so young
but we think we're older 
and we focus so much on where we're going
that we don't stop to see
where we are

so where am i?




i'm in a faded t-shirt and converse
running until my lungs burn
laughing loudly late at night
driving myself to the next town over
to see who feels like going out
for a bit
and not knowing what time i'll be back

i'm in that place
where i've sort of grown up
but i can still act like a child sometimes.
i'm in an independent-loving heart
with a soul thats not ready to let go

im in a spirit 
who is learning still.
im in a world full of photo booth strip photos
and cheep sunglasses
and my favorite songs
and i can drink coffee and discuss college
but I'm not quite ready to go

im in a life
a seventeen-year-old life
and we can chat politics
and pretend to know what we're talking about
we can race each other in the parking lot
we can sing loudly
and learn to feel
and experience
and live
like we're seventeen


:: :: ::

many apologies for my last mini-rant. i know it was random. also, i would apologize for my sarcastic post title, but i like it x). 

what have y'all been up to lately?

6 comments: