Saturday, March 4, 2017

Ah, Holy Jesus (a hymn)





Ah, holy Jesus,
How hast thou offended
That man to judge thee
Hath in hate pretended?

By foes derided
By thine own rejected
O most afflicted!


Who was the guilty?
Who brought this upon thee?
Alas, my treason,
Jesus hath undone thee

'Twas I, Lord Jesus,
I it was denied thee
I crucified thee


:: :: ::

This is one of my favorite Lenten hymns. 

Lent has begun. The forty days before Easter where we prepare our hearts and souls for the wondrous Resurrection of our Savior. It's difficult to keep our focus on Christ in the loud, crazy world we live in. There are distractions all over the place. But especially now in this season of Lent, we should make an extra effort to find some quiet and peace and listen to the voice of God. 

ARE YOU DOING ANYTHING FOR LENT? ARE YOU AS EXCITED FOR EASTER AS I AM??

6 comments:

  1. I love hymns! And that one was so beautiful!

    I totally get what you mean about this crazy busyness distracting us. I decided to spend 15 minutes a day just praying and thinking of God--no distractions. I even set the timer outside my room!

    I hope you're having a great Lent so far.

    <3

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good idea!! Hope you're having a good Lent too!
      <33

      Delete
  2. This is bueatiful! I am giving up meat for lent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, nice, Nabila! I'm a huge fan of meat so that'd be really difficult for me haha! I'm giving up tea, which has also been a struggle, but I'm proud of myself for doing it x)

      Delete
  3. Easter is one of my favorite times!! It's such a beautiful reminder of the new life and new world we've been brought into by Jesus. <333

    ReplyDelete