Friday, September 1, 2017

Hello September!



September, you came too quickly. 

So that's that. Another summer come and gone. My friend was telling me this morning how it may have been the best summer of her life, but honestly, for me it went by so fast it all seems so blurry when I look back on it. I really can't compare it to past summers. It's felt like just a small moment in time, not three months. 

However, when someone in the future will ask about my summer of 2017, I'll think of only good memories, happy feelings, moments of laughter. Nothing bad comes to mind. So yeah. I guess it was one of the better ones. 

But this is just about August. 


LIFE THINGS

I came home from the summer program, which was the best two weeks of my life. I said goodbye to a good friend going off to college.  I sat in a coffee shop and drank iced chai lattes and worked on my story for hours. I went to the beach with new friends. I started Senior year of high school (waaaat). 


BOOK THINGS

I read The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. Gotta say, the whole first half of the book, I wasn't loving it too much... But WOW that plot twist tho!! If you haven't read Agatha Christie and are looking to read something with wit, suspense, MURDERRRR, surprises, tea, and British accents, all rolled in to a nice convenient little cinnamon roll of a book, Agatha Christie is the one for you, my fren. 

WRITING THINGS

I mentioned this above, but I spent multiple hours in a local coffee shop writing alllll the words. It's still very much a work in progress, and I'm not going nearly as fast as I would like to. But I haven't had a ton of time to write recently, so the fact that I was able to make myself stay at this coffee shop for such a long period of time just writing, writing, writing, (and I managed to figure out a scene I'd been stuck on, thankyouverymuch) was surprising to me. 

AUGUST WAS...

//heat waves (!!!) 

//a feeling of independence, yet familiarity

//driving with the windows down

//planning

//iced lattes

//palm trees and sunshine

//new nail polish

FAVORITE AUGUST MOMENTS...

//watching Sherlock with my brother

//getting coffee after school

//playing capture the flag in the cul-de-sac with alllll my siblings

//music festivals

//spontaneously going to a party with my friend when the party was already half-way over...

//Senior year...


LET'S TALK! HOW WAS YOUR AUGUST?

4 comments:

  1. IS THAT PICTURE REAL!? It looks so amazing! I need to visit cafes more often! Some how I just don't seem to end up there! Glad you've been writing and everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cool?? It's not my image though

      Cafes are so great for writing, for me anyway. x)Love them so much.

      Delete
  2. WRITING IN A COFFEE SHOP = GOALS. I really want to do that some day. <33 it sounds like your summer was lovely!!! But yes omg it went by wayyyyy too fast. :'''')

    rock on,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! For sure. It was a good summer, just a quick one!
      <33

      Delete