Saturday, August 19, 2017

New Novel and I Question Myself (Legit)(ft. Beautiful People)

HELLO HI I'M BACK AND SUPER EXCITED because today I am talking all about my new story idea... which finally came together after a bajillion years because #braindead.

So have some questions and some answers and eat some cheesecake or something. 

WHAT IS THE STORY'S AESTHETIC?

candles. rain hitting the window. faded t-shirts. broken glass. bruises. coffee. 
BEHOLD THE AESTHETIC BOARD





WHO IS THE PROTAGONIST?

Her name is Bella, she's nineteen, and she's one of those people who is quiet most of the time but you get nervous around her after a while because she's just got this look in her eyes like she's seen more darkness in the world than you could imagine. She's a poor, shattered soul and I love her to pieces and I get to mess up her life a bit because I'm just cruel.

Okay, so here is the August set of Beautiful People questions. 




What are they addicted to/can't live without?


Bella finds it hard to live without security. (And so naturally I throw her into a lot of insecure situations) She likes to know there's a 'safety net', she likes to have a Plan B, etc.

Name 3 positive and 3 negative qualities about your character

Pro: independent. thinks of others first. smart. 
Con: only sees the bad in people. lets herself be taken advantage of, even when she knows it. a very closed up person.

Are they holding onto something they should get rid of?

In a way, no, and that's her issue. She is too scared to hold onto anything, especially hope.

If 10 is completely organized and 1 is completely messy, where do they fall on the scale?

5. She's perfectly half-and-half. Organized when it comes to her thoughts, her ideas, and more important things; messy when it comes to her bedroom, the dishes, etc.

What most frustrates them about the world they live in?

How completely, totally dark it is. She only sees the darkness.

How would they dress for a night out? How would they dress for a night in?

Night out: nice jeans//grey t-shirt//green military jacket//Converse hi-tops//her brother's beanie
Night in: leggings and a t-shirt

How many shoes do they own and what kind?

Not many. She's got a few pairs of Converse, probably a pair of Minnetonka ankle boots, and not much else.

Do they have any pets? What pet do they WISH they had?

Nope, no pets. She likes dogs, though. 

Is there something or someone they resent? Why and what happened?

She basically resents most of the people in her life, because they all kinda backstabbed her in some way. Except her brother, who is too sweet for this world. She adores her little brother. 

What's usually in their fridge of pantry?

I mean, she's nineteen. Poptarts. Cup-o-Noodles. Eggo waffles. Coffee. Clif bars. Chinese take-out leftovers. Those super gross fruit cup things. I dunno, anything quick and easy. 




OKAY so she may have come off as a bit dark, but really it's not her fault, life's been incredibly mean to her. And her brother, another major character, sees more light in the world than she does and so they kind of balance each other out. 

I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS. Thanks for staying with me this far. Love you all <3

6 comments:

  1. Eep, I love the sound of her already!!! I want to read this. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. BELLA SOUNDS SO GOOD AND MULTIFACETED AND ASDFGHJKL WHEN CAN I READ THIS BOOK???? THAT AESTHETIC BOARDS IS STRAIGHT FIRE <33333

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are we here for except to mess up our characters' lives?
    Bella sounds like she needs some nice buttered toast. I would give her some if I could. I love the way you reversed the "what are they holding onto" question!! The fact that she is scared to hold onto anything is so heartbreaking and I want to send her fuzzy socks. I love her relationship with her little brother, even though there are literally only three sentences about it. He sounds so sweet and I love sibling relationships!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! Haha I would give her buttered toast and a nice hug, poor thing x) So glad you like it! I know, I could do a whole separate post on her and her brother.

      Delete