Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Hello August!





Wow, July is over! I can't really believe it...? Summer's 2/3 of the way to be done. School's almost here. SENIOR YEAR is almost here. 

Alright so right now I'm off having a wonderful time at COLLEGE WHAT. Nobody's freaking out though, it's ok *breathes heavily into paper bag* it's fine I'm fine we're all fine just at college whatevs. 

July was a BLAST of a month!! Legit, I've had so much fun this month, so let's talk about it. 


LIFE THINGS


Um I went to Palm Springs with a bunch of my family which was the craziest/funnest/EPIC-EST THING EVER (I like fake words). We rented this super cool, midcentury house with a bunch of my cousins and it felt so good to get away for a while, and the heat wasn't even that bad. It was like 107 degrees I think, but it didn't feel too bad. And I saw Spiderman Homecoming but I cant let myself talk about that because I'll probably just end up screaming for a long time because I just loved it so much...
Also, I went off to a college summer program, which is where I am now, and it's like up in the mountains with super sketchy wifi so I'm actually writing this ahead of time (July's not over from where I am haha hello The Future). But I suspect I'm having a great time right now because this is my dream school. But leading up to this program, I was getting super nervous, but it all kind of went away. I had fun getting everything I would need and packing and stuff and I went with a ton of friends. 

This July, I fell a little more in love with life, guys. 





BOOK THINGS

I read The Consolation of Philosophy and LET ME TELL YOU I think everyone should read this. The world would be a much better place if everyone took the time to read this book. 

Also I got yet another Agatha Christie mystery to add to my collection. What's your favorite of her books? 

WRITING THINGS

I've been working so hard this month on my new WIP!! I just recently sent the first chunk of the first draft off to my editor and I'm super excited. I'm actually planning a post all about it for the near future. Still unsure if I will be doing NaNo this fall, though I hope to. 




JULY WAS...

//palm trees swaying in the warm breeze

//jean cutoffs

//lemonade slushies

//new sunglasses

//peppermint tea

//bonfires

//bakeries

//a night sky exploding with colors on the Fourth 

FAVORITE JULY MOMENTS...

//sitting by the pool at night in the insane Palm Springs heat

//choreographing dances with my cousins in a small, crowded room

//binge-watching Downton Abbey and drinking milkshakes on a cloudy day

//going to see Spiderman Homecoming

//sitting around the bonfire

//watching the fireworks from my deck

LETS TALK! HOW WAS YOUR JULY?

4 comments:

  1. Woo for choreographing dances and college programs! That's always super duper fun! Good to see you are doing well and enjoying your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me so happy, oh my goodness:) I'm glad that your month was so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete