Wednesday, February 10, 2016

"...and unto dust thou shalt return."




"Remember, man, that thou art dust, and unto dust thou shalt return." --Genesis 3:19 

These words have always managed to wedge their way deep into my mind, every Ash Wednesday. I think it's a beautiful reminder that someday these bodies will turn to ash and dust and our souls will go on to Eternity. 

Every year, I try and think of something to give up for Lent, but this year I also want to do a positive discipline. So I'm going to pray more and read a chapter of the Gospels every night and work on my relationship with God. 

But. I'm also doing the normal, no-candy-or-soda-or-Snapples-because-I-love-Snapples thing. 

AND. I'm giving up tea. 
I KNOW. 
I wasn't going to, but then this morning my friend asked me if I was going to give up tea. Uh, um, well, wh-- yes. 

So now on Sundays I will be appreciating my tea more. 

What are you doing this Lent? 

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm giving up all social media except for blogging. And youtube, tv, and sweets. Wow, giving up tea is going to be hard! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete