Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Characters and Collages (and how obsessed I am with both).

I'm out of the weird funk I was in a few days ago which produced my latest (rather depressing) post. So now I'm back here with exciting news!! (I dunno how excited y'all will be about it, but I'm excited so it's cool) 

I made. another. character collage. 
another one. 
is this normal. 

My first one I did a looong while back for the first ever novel I finished. It felt like quite an accomplishment at the time, but the last time I read it, I think I went into a brief coma from crying over how terrible it was (I doubt that's actually how comas work...). I needed a lot of chocolate to recover from that. 

This was my first one: 




I'm still rather emotionally attached to these four, but I think I gave them all a happy ending. I'm so nice.  

This next one I made when I was writing during NaNo 2015. I haven't even finished the first draft of that one, and it's just sitting in my computer gathering virtual dust. Maybe someday I'll pull it out of the abyss that is my procrastination and finish it (and edit it??). 



I really liked the concept for this story and its a shame I have no motivation to finish it right now. 

I'm realizing now that all my protagonists have been girls. My whole life. I guess it's cuz I am a girl, so it's easier for me to write about girls. I suppose I'll write a story with a male protagonist some day. That'll be interesting. 

So this is the one I made yesterday. These are the characters I'm most attached to and have worked the longest with. I finished the first draft last fall (took me over a year. #ProcrastinationFTW) Now I'm working on the second draft by doing Camp NaNo, which has been immensely helpful. I'm not writing as quickly as I'd like, but I'm ahead of where I should be by a few thousand words, which is great. 



Of course, non of these pictures are mine. Thank you, Pinterest, for being wonderful. 

also, I'm in love with Chloe's hair. It's so freaking cool. 

Fun little background story: I spend copious amounts of time trying to decide whether Brady's name was Brady or Bradley. I don't think I ever *officially* came to a decision as to which worked better, I just started using Brady and now even if I wanted to change it, it's too embedded in my brain. He's Brady and that's that now. 
Plus I put him through a heck of a lot. Changing his name now would be cruel. 

My stomach is loudly telling me that I'm hungry, but I also want to start thinking about a book review I'm planning for a future post (keep an eye out for that)(or don't and be surprised, that's good too.)
Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love these! I can't decide which collage I like better, the second one or the third one. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collages are the best! I love all of them but I think the second is my favorite! Happy Wednesday now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they??? Yeah I really like the second one too x). Happy Wednesday to you too!

      Delete