Friday, July 8, 2016

Trapped By Negative Voices.

I'm stuck in a phase where everything I can't do frustrates me. It's not good. I wrote about seven-hundred words today and gave up with a loud groan, wanting to melt into a puddle of despair. 

I've been reading a lot lately and just being totally awe-struck by how amazingly talented all these people are. I know it's not healthy to focus on all the things you can't do but I'm stuck in this phase where that's literally all I do. It's really bad and not healthy and I love writing and dancing and music and all these different things, but I can't make myself do any of it because a stupid little voice in the back of my mind keeps telling me I'm not good and never will be. 


this picture is so irrelevant but its so pretty x)


Guys, you're all beautiful. You're all loved. You're all talented. Don't let those little voices tell you otherwise. Shut them up. If you love something and think you're no good, that should just be motivation to keep trying, not to give up.






Abbiee wrote a beautiful song called "Mirror Girl" which basically just captures everything I'm feeling at the moment. I see now her inspiration to write it in a way I didn't before. 

I was trying to write the other day too. But the only thing I wrote was "Everything I can't do frustrates me." 

I need to get out of this. It feels like a cage and I don't have the key. 


:: :: :: 

I left this post sitting for a few hours and now that I've come back to it, it looks dreadfully depressing. I'm sorry for being a bit of a downer today. :p

But this is a real problem, so I guess I'm here now to say YOU'RE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING!! Because it's a nice thing to hear :). And I hope you believe me. You've got a light in you, and "if you are who you're supposed to be, you will set the world ablaze!" (-St. Catherine of Sienna) Don't become trapped by negative voices. It's just a cage that keeps growing stronger if you let it. 

You're beautiful. God loves you. Be happy. :)

6 comments:

  1. I feel you. It's so hard to get rid of those voices. But you're super talented and beautiful, just fyi.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes (a lot of the time) I'd like to hit those voices with a frying pan, Rapunzel-style xp
      You're the sweetest :'))))))) <333

      Delete
  2. Lovely post!It isn't depressing at all! Everyone needs to hear this every once in awhile. Is there any reason why you should be limited to only one of your talents? I think not! Pursue ALL your dreams! There is no reason why you shouldn't embrace them all! Never listen to the voices, listen to your heart and to the quiet, yet booming voice of God, okay? Yo already know this, but you're loved and talented! Keep writing amigo!

    mucho amor.

    -JacyRayn

    www.jacyraynunbroken.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it!! Yes, I totally agree!! You're so sweet x)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. okay so i seriously cannot believe i never found this post (or your blog!!) until ten seconds ago!!! GIRL.

    I HAVE LITERALLY TEARS COMING DOWN MY FACE RIGHT NOW. <3333 like I don't even know how to describe how full and bursting my heart is. The fact that you were going through the same exact thing I was going through when I wrote that song...and then you listened to it and it touched you and met you in that place and helped you...like wow. I caN'T EVEN COMPREHEND HOW AMAZING THAT IS TO ME. <3333 WOWOWOWOW

    *hugs you forever and cries some more*
    Thank you for this sosososo much. <3

    lotsalove,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU so much, you beautiful girl!!!! The fact that this post touched you like this makes me so happy x)
      <33333333

      Delete