Sunday, November 20, 2016

Exclusive Snippets Part One (Get Excited!!)



WELCOME WELCOME TO THE GRAND EXCLUSIVE REVEALING OF SNIPPETS FROM MY WIP, PAST WIPS, AND EVERYTHING ELSE BY ABBY M HERSELF. 

And yes, it's exciting. 

...also it's not very exclusive....

But I'm extremely excited to share these little clips with you guys. I know I don't really talk much about my WIP(s) but I've decided that today is the day! (or the night... or whatever... I don't know what time you're reading this) (I'm such a dork). 

These are not in any particular order. No rhyme or reason. No method to my madness.

Okay yes I'm done I'll shut up now HERE YOU GO: 


//I was never curious until I turned fifteen, and the world started giving me things to be curious about.



//“Mom, do I have to conquer the world?”
“No,” she replied thoughtfully. “I suppose not. But someday,” she looked at me, “you’re going to grow up and you’re going to have to make it yours somehow. Every human leaves their mark in some way. You just have to figure out what you have to offer the world.”


//Myles and I weaved through alleys, heading towards the fields, from what I could tell. “What are they exactly?”

He stopped suddenly and I bumped into him. He gave me a quick glare before looking up at the abandoned warehouse we were standing outside of. “I think it’s pretty self-explanatory, if you ask me.”
“Well then next time, I won’t ask you.”


//“This is something I cannot accept. Spies, rebels against the cause, will not be tolerated!”

“Ironic,” I whispered to Myles, “that someone would think to rebel against the rebellion.”
He elbowed me in the ribs.


//I bit my lip as I walked along the surf, the wet sand sticking to my feet. My hand gripped the thongs of my flip-flops and swung a little higher than usual as I walked. My hair flew about my face and got caught between my lips and stuck to my eyelashes.


//"Sometimes He gives us pain to draw us closer to Him, or for another reason. He let His own Son be tortured, humiliated, and hung on a cross for us.” She looked at me, her eyes on fire, like the sky. But it was a calm, beautiful fire. “Sometimes He lets us hit rock bottom so we can realize that He is the Rock at the bottom.”


//That’s when the power went out and Stevie screamed bloody murder. Luckily, it wasn’t completely dark yet, so I could still just barely see, and things got clearer once my eyes adjusted, but the rain and clouds made it darker and louder than usual. I couldn’t remember the last time it had rained so hard.


//Brady asked if he could have donuts with his lunch, to which I immediately refused. I knew that I was in charge and that I needed to act responsibly.
            It didn’t last long. Ten and a half minutes later, the two of us were eating Cup o’ Noodles and donuts on the roof.  


//She lay in the lush, dancing grass and motioned for me to do the same. I didn’t feel solid, like I was made of air and wind and voice, but I sat.



Okay, that's actually less than I was going to put, but remember, this is only Part One. We'll get around to Part Two another time. 

SO I'm sorry if none of these made sense. But they're just little clips and little clips aren't supposed to make sense.  But what did you think?? Should I do a Part Two in the future or did you hate this and should Part Two become Part Never? 

I've got a post all pre-written and stuff (cuz I'm so organized) for Thanksgiving. So be back then! 

Peace ✌

6 comments:

  1. AAAH I LOVED THESE!! I don't think I even have a favorite because they're all soo good. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ASDFGHJKLKJH THIS IS SO YUMMY THANK YOU FOR SHARING DEAR. :') I basically want to read all of these books now but I shall have to be content with swooning over these snippets for now. <3 "Ten and a half minutes later, the two of us were eating Cup o’ Noodles and donuts on the roof." <<< THIS IS MAGICCC. WSKJDALLKDJF

    YES. THANK YOU FOR THIS.

    lotsalove,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAAHH YASSS THANKS ABBIE!! So happy you liked them!!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE THESE SNIPPETS SO MUCH OH MY GOODNESSSSSSS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete