Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Hello November

via
2016 is almost 2017 and my brain can't handle it. My brain is still processing that summer is over.

My brain is behind. 


OCTOBER IN REVIEW

October was the first month I actually felt strangely ready for, like my mind could actually comprehend it for some reason. It was a nice two days of feeling caught up and then the trees that line the soccer field at school took on this [really cool-looking] orange and green ombre look, and suddenly I felt mentally behind again. 

What to say about October. Academically, it was stressful. Report cards came out. My grades are good, but not good enough (*cue dramatic... idk, dramatic something, that sentence sounded dramatic). I don't know, I guess when people told me Junior year was going to be my hardest year of high school, I didn't take them seriously enough. Everything is college oriented now, and I feel like if I stop myself to breathe for even one second, I'm going to screw up and I'll fall behind and my grades will just die like.... like something that dies pathetically. I'm so tired. I feel like I'm running a marathon and there's no stopping until I make it to the end and the rest of my life is resting on my shoulders and I'm so tired. 

But enough of that! I will be upbeat for the rest of this post x) 

October was....

//leggings and giant flannels

//waking up to rain

//inordinate amounts of tea and coffee

//pumpkins and spices

//movie nights

//the Beatles, Abbey Road

//evenings in Hollywood

//coffee runs 

//PSATs

//bus rides

//chocolate

//reading Jane Eyre




Favorite October Moments...

//watching the sun rise from the bus window

//driving barefoot in ripped jeans and my brother's giant LA Clippers hoodie

//sitting in a coffee shop early in the morning

//staying up late studying

//walking around downtown Pasadena with my cousin

//singing the Beatles with my sister

//eating donuts outside with friends before the sun was up

//chopping off my hair

//my first vlog

Notice none of these include writing. Because I did no work on my WIP this month. Seriously, I've lost all motivation to work on it, which makes me think I should be doing NaNo right now..... 
I'm not doing NaNo this year, but my goal this month is to W R I T E. Because I need to!! I don't think I've worked on it since summer when I did Camp NaNo. 
I'm a sad soul who needs to write something. 

All in all, October was a busy but interesting month, full of early mornings and chilly weather. 


How was your October?

6 comments:

  1. I loved this post. These are some of my favorites. Just to know what you are up to is always great. Looks like October was fun. I know what you mean by saying you were ready for it. A lot of the past months came and I felt weird knowing that it was that late in the year. Like to much time passed by.

    have a wonderful November I will hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, glad you like it x) Yeah, October was a good month; hectic, but good.

      YOU have a wonderful November too!!

      Delete
  2. Hey Abby! I found your sweet blogspace through my sister Abbiee of Abbie music blog. Sounds like a hectic but amazing October. Dougnuts before dawn, oversized flannels, coffee shops and the Beatles... Love this blog already. Sounds like my kind of October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KATIE!! So happy you've stopped by, I love your blog x) October was pretty amazing, while definitely being hectic at the same time.

      Delete
  3. DID YOU LIKE JANE EYRE?! I HAVE TO ASK.

    This post made me so freaking happy and I have so many things I want to say but I can't fit them all in so I'll just say that I loved this to pieces. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAVEN'T FINISHED but yeah I really like it so far x)

      AWW you make me so freaking happy my dear <3

      Delete