Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Seventeen Questions for Seventeen Years






So today's my seventeenth birthday..... 

The year flew by so SO fast, you guys, I can't even explain. Although I'm sure you all know that feeling. So as a little celebration here, I've found seventeen reflective questions (on Pinterest lol) to answer. Just little questions about life and how it's going. 

1) When was the last time you tried something new? 

Yesterday, actually, I tried bacon jam. I don't particularly recommend it x)

2) What gets you excited about life? 

Aaah, life scares me. Seriously though, it can be overwhelming, especially when I think that I'm only seventeen as of today and I have so much life left to live and at the same time, not really...? In a sense? Cuz it just speeds by so fast. 

The little things get me excited about life. Rainy days. Sweaters. Days with my friends. Tea. Chocolate. Writing. The beach. Music. Imagination. Colorful leaves. Fuzzy blankets. And everything else. 

3) Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?

....My friends? My brother? My cousin? 

I have a cousin who is a bit older than me. He does really well in school and recently got into this college that I hope to go to in a few years. He's smart and put-together and I make fun of him a lot, but a lot of times I find myself comparing myself to him. 
He's gonna go places and I don't even know what I want for dinner xD 

4) What do you love and what are you doing about it? 

I love writing. 
What am I doing about it?
I'm writing. 

5) Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?

I try to ask questions. I talk to my teachers after class a lot, asking questions, hoping to better understand. I ask a lot of questions about life, just to myself. When I'm writing, I try to ask myself questions about the plot, the characters, where I want the story to go. 
I dunno if I ask ENOUGH questions, but I definitely ask questions. 

6) What's a belief you hold with which many people disagree? 

Well I mean, God. God is my main belief, and when I saw this question, He was the first thing to pop into my mind. 

But also, on a lesser note, the purpose of writing. I write for myself, but I've met people who say that writers should write for the world. That overwhelms me. I write what I have to say, not what the world wants to read. 

7) What can you do today that you were not capable of doing a year ago? 

I think I'm better at this life thing. I've learned to roll with the punches a bit more. I've learned how to better handle stress and to accept that God is in control and to let go of things that don't matter. 

8) Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?

... I think it depends. But I know that crying itself doesn't make you weak. 

9) What would you do differently if you knew no one would judge you? 

I might.... actually share what I write? I never do that. But if I were more confident, maybe I would. 

10) Do you celebrate the things you have?

Yes. I try to everyday. Some days I fail, but I mean, we all go through ungrateful phases. But yes, I'm all about the little things in life, and I definitely try to celebrate what I have. (Especially with Thanksgiving in a few days!) 



11)  What is the difference between living and existing? 

Existing, in my opinion, is just paying the bills and dying. 

Living is finding adventure in the little things; being thankful for what you have; smiling daily; laughing daily; praying through the storm; giving back; finding God in all things beautiful. 

12) Have you done anything lately worth remembering? 

This question is such an eye opener, y'all. I hope that the answer is always yes. 

I know this is the thousandth time I've said this, but I'm all about the little things, so yeah, basically anything could be an answer for this. This month I've actually done a good deal of things, and I hope I remember them in fifty years. 

13) What does your joy look like today? 

God // my green sweater // family // laughing with my brothers // new jeans // no makeup // smiling

14) Which activities make you lose track of time? 

Writing. Listening to music. Reading. Pinterest-ing. 

15) If you had to teach something, what would you teach? 

Okay, I'd be the literal worst teacher ever, but probably dance. That's the only way I could see myself as a teacher. 

16) What life lesson did you learn the hard way? 

My main theme for life is "God is in control." And it became my main theme the hard way. I tried to control things. I forgot that God's got this. And I realized this after it all sorta blew up in my face a few times. 

17) When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you most? 

What I have. But not in a selfish, greedy way. What will matter to me the most will be how I've lived my life and what/where it's gotten me. What I have to show for 80 years of life. 





Overall, it's been a good year. If you liked these questions, please feel free to use them x) I can't believe that a year from now I'll be eighteen!! Das craziness right there. 

(I just turned seventeen and I'm already thinking about turning eighteen. I'm normal.) 

I also can't believe I started this blog when I was a  fourteen-year-old who had no idea what she was doing. And now I'm seventeen and still don't really know what I'm doing (😄). 
But that's fine. 
I'll figure it out eventually. 

Thank you guys so much for reading <3


Photo cred: Emma  
Thanks bae x)

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you had the absolute best birthday ever, Abby!!! *showers you with confetti and chocolate and waffles* This post made me so happy oh my <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!! *sends many hugs and cupcakes*

      Delete
  2. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Love the green sweater btw ;) Have a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!! I enjoyed reading through your answers, and hope you have the very best year ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete