Thursday, November 24, 2016

Finding Reasons to be Thankful



Hey guys.

A few days ago, I got into my first (and hopefully my last) car accident. 

It wasn't bad, and everybody's fine. It was really scary though in the moment, and I felt awful the rest of the day. 

But the one thought that kept bugging me was, why did this happen? This wasn't supposed to happen.

Before the accident, my day had been pretty good. I aced all my tests. My friend gave me a really nice and thoughtful birthday present. It was our last day of school before Thanksgiving break. I was turning seventeen in a few days. I'd turned in my thesis outline on time. We had our first play rehearsal, which went really well. It was just a good day, until around four-thirty when I was driving home from school. 

I'd been so happy.
And then this happened. 

And no, I wasn't feeling particularly thankful. I had no clue what the heck I was supposed to take away from this. 

But I went home and calmed down and thought about it some more, and I realized there were things to be thankful for, even from this situation. I could be thankful that nobody got hurt. I could be thankful for the good day that I did have. Or that the damage to the car wasn't worse than it was. Or for the amazing friends and family that I have who comforted me after. 

There are always things to be thankful for, guys. But you've got to have the right mindset and know that no matter what, God is in control. 
And I'm most thankful for that. 

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. ❤

8 comments:

  1. Car accidents are scary! I hope you don't get into anymore and I am glad no one is hurt as well! Much love to you on Thanksgiving! Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW car accidents are so not fun. I remember being in one and it just shook me up a lot. I'm glad that no one was hurt :) God is our only protection <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I hated it x( But yes, God is our protection.
      Thanks for reading! <3

      Delete
  3. I am SO thankful that you're okay!!! Oh my goodness, accidents are so scary. But I'm just thankful that no one was hurt. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG DUDE THAT MUST HAVE BEEN SCARY. *hugs you a lot* May that be the last time you ever get into a car accident. Also this post = SPOT ONNN. I'm so thankful that no one got hurt!! So true that we oftentimes forget the little things to be grateful for when something bad comes into play as well. THIS POST WAS INSPIRING THANK YOU FOR IT. <3

    lotsalove,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, but I'm thankful for people like you who have offered me love and comfort and support x) I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKED THIS POST THO!! THANK YOU!!
      <33

      Delete