Saturday, April 1, 2017

Hello April

not my image


It's April and I can't even begin to understand how. Why is time passing so quickly?? It's messing with the world. 


MARCH IN REVIEW

March was a hectic but good month! (Isn't that what I say about every month though?) Everything seems to be happening so fast and I feel very behind on figuring life out. But it was a good month. 

LIFE THINGS...

I took the SAT and the stress ALMOST KILLED ME but you know what, I did it and I feel good about it. I KILLED it in my essay! So proud of that. My AP English class does a lot of time-pressured rhetorical analyses, so I felt very prepared. 

School in general is stressing me out a lot though. I'm super focused on getting into this one college, but I realized I don't have a backup! And it's getting kind of late for me to be figuring out my backups. So that's scary.
I have started the application to The College (and by "started", I mean I opened it and stared at it a while, then closed it in frustration.) 
Also, any other Juniors out there kind of despising chemistry right about now?? 
But I only have six more weeks of school, not including an Easter break coming up! (which I'm very much looking forward to, and you'll see why in a future post) I can't believe the year is practically over. 

WRITING THINGS...



I FINISHED DRAFT TWO OF MY NOVEL!! And printed it out in book form to make editing more entertaining for myself. You can see all that here. And I let people read it??? Which was super scary at first, but I've gotten more comfortable with it. 
But to be honest, I'm sort of done with this book. It's a mess and I just want to scrap it. Plus, I have this new idea. I think I've talked about this before, it's my plot-less book dilemma. It still has no plot. Inspiration just isn't coming. But I'd really like to figure out a plot so I can get started on it, because I'm really excited to be starting a brand new project!

BOOKISH THINGS...





My grandma got me the complete set of the A Wrinkle in Time series. I know most people read these books when they're like twelve, but I never did and I FELT DEPRIVED so I was happy to get them and started reading immediately. They're sort of trippy to be honest, and at first I thought it was really interesting, but now I'm on the fourth book and it's getting kind of weird. I'm going to keep reading, because I do like them. 
I also finished reading The Scarlet Letter. It was for school, but I really liked reading it! There was an argument in my class over whether Pearl is demonic or not, and it lasted a good month at least. 


:: :: ::

MARCH WAS...

//sunburnt noses

//the shamrock shake from McDonalds (SO GOOD

//welcoming Spring

//new Ed Sheehan music

//alllll the green for Saint Patricks Day


FAVORITE MARCH MOMENTS...

//drive-thru with my brothers

//just taking time to sit and talk with people

//sitting in the middle of a quiet street at night with my cousin

//driving in the early morning

//writing

//visiting with family

//finishing my SAT (BEST MOMENT EVER

HOW WAS YOUR MARCH?

4 comments:

  1. Books are hard to write I have been plotting ideas but I never get to actually writing them. NO time here. Looks like March was a good month, finishing your SAT is always a good thing. Sun burnt noses? I wish it were sunny here march has been none stop rain with a day or two of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, so ridiculously hard. I know, finding time to write is difficult.
      Oooh I'll take your rain!! I miss the cold weather.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finishing your SATs!

    ReplyDelete