Wednesday, June 17, 2015

America's Favorite Pastime and a Slight Rant.

Yesterday we went to a baseball game. My first, actually. 

Okay, let me rephrase that. 

*Ahem* 

Yesterday we went to a Red Sox vs Braves baseball game. My first, actually. 

It was all very exciting. We drove into Boston, which is always a lot of fun. We got there about an hour early but a ton of people were already there. Fenway Park is nothing like I expected it to be. It was big and beautiful and amazing... It was clear why they call it America's most beloved ballpark. 

It was cloudy and kind of rainy, but towards the end of the game the sun came out, just as it was setting. Naturally, we had the cliche ballpark food-- hot dogs (Fenway Franks), soft pretzels, cotton candy, etc. It was harder to pay attention to the game, I realized because I'm used to hearing the sports announcer guys talking in the background and the replays and stuff. I mean, they would show some replays on the jumbo screen, but we were sitting right in front of it, so I had to turn around whenever I wanted to see it which wasn't kind to my neck. Oh, and the Green Monster!! Is it possible that I've been a Red Sox fan my whole life and have never known about the Green Monster?? Or that I never knew what the Red Sox mascot was?? Or that once I found out what their mascot was, it took me a few days to put together why his name is Wally???

I'm ashamed. I think it's very possible my brothers and my dad and all the other Red Sox fans in my family might fire me from the family. 
*sniff* 

Oh, also: I was wearing my pro-life sweatshirt and a security guard came up to us and said, "Are you the one with the pro-life sweatshirt?" The pro-life quote is on the back, so you can't tell from the front that its pro-life, which is why he asked, I think. I got kind of flustered, afraid he would get all mean and pro-choice on me, but he smiled and said, "That's beautiful." 
xDDDD

We did take some pics, but I don't have them at the moment. When I get them I'll put them up. 

So, we get home this weekend. And then next weekend we leave to go visit Maddie's family for a few days. I've been super excited. The only problem is my friend from Montana is going back to Montana soon and I've barely been able to see her. Some friends were making plans to get together with her at the beach that weekend and when I found out the date I think my heart sank. 
So now I can't go to that. Although, if I had a choice, I'd probably choose going to visit Maddie anyways, for obvious reasons. Plus, I still have a few opportunities to see my friend before she leaves. But still...

The good news is, my class is getting together at the harbor next week with her because the harbor is kind of our special place, so I'll get to see her then. 
Maybe I'll get some pictures. 

--Abby, who has had two cups of tea today, one of which was Kenyan tea, and is considering a third. 

8 comments:

  1. WHOOT WHOOT! I've never been to a Red Sox game. Quite unfortunately. I'd really love to go to Fenway Park too!
    Well I guess we can start a club of sorts because I had no idea until you mentioned him what the Red Sox mascot was. Or that he even existed. (I mean, obviously I guess I figured there was a mascot, but I had no idea what it was.) And I've known about him for exactly two seconds. And I can't figure out why his name is Wally. (Isn't this getting sadder by the sentence??) So do enlighten me.
    Have a fun rest of your trip!! I'm starting to scramble packing (stressing, actually)...argh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha okay I totally understand, it took me about 24 hours to realize why his name is Wally... and about 15 1/2 years to figure out that Wally exists ;p. his name is Wally because he's the Green Monster and the Green Monster is what they call the big green WALL in Fenway Park. Did that make sense? I hardly ever make sense. You can look up pics on Google and it'll probably make more sense.

      Delete
    2. OOOHHH!!! Okay! I get it now! Gosh, way too much goes over my head ;p
      Dude, the Red Sox are really not doing well this year. But still. Boston for the WIN!

      Delete
    3. UGH. Today I mentioned to my bros and my dad that I had no idea who the mascot was and WHY his name was Wally and what his name was till you told me. And Kolbe and Joe just sort of looked at me in disbelief. I think they might actually fire me from the family too (to take your line...I'm sorry). :) HOW did I not know that?!? And how come, if they knew it, they kept such important knowledge to themselves? :) I guess they thought it was just common knowledge. Goshdarnit; it wasn't!

      Delete
    4. haha IKR its like, not everyone in the world is aware of this stuff, so keep us posted, people!!! haha we should start a club of unenlightened Red Sox fans and be like, "We are here to enlighten you know." xDDD

      Delete
    5. OMIGOSH I meant "We are here to enlighten you NOW" UGH I CANT TYPE TODAY im sorry

      Delete
  2. I meant to ask, how did you like the Kenyan tea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it a lot! I think I put too much sugar in it, but still, it was really good!

      Delete