Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Maine

Today we rented a 15-seater and drove to Maine to visit my dad's sister and her family. There are two kids; Kyalo, who's four, and Malaikah the baby. 

We drove through New Hampshire to get there, and the three states that I've been in today look exactly alike. 

Kyalo and Malaikah are the cutest little kids. Kyalo is extremely enthusiastic about baseball. 
Me: Kyalo, what's your favorite sport? 
K: Blue. 
... 
Well, usually he's pretty enthusiastic about baseball. 

Kyalo, the future Red Sox star. 

Miss Veronica, the future multigazillionare and CEO of a huge company. 

Seriously. It might happen. She's taking after Mary Rose. 

Discussing their world domination plans while looking at something in the corner. Except Kyalo. He's found something more interesting in another direction. Maybe a baseball. 
Notice all three of my sisters are wearing those insulting tiger sneakers. Mary Rose has taught them well in the art of tom-boy-ish-ness. 

Left to right: Me and Malaikah, Penguin and Kyalo, Blaze, Rosie, Lilian, and Ronnie. 

Oh, my ear is pretty much back to normal!! Super happy about that. 

Also, it's raining a LOT!!! Pouring! Makes me happy. Some friends of mine have given me updates about the weather back home and it sounds... complicated. Hot one day, cold the next. But it did rain there, which is good. 


The rain is so beautiful, but also so weird after living in a world of dry hills and five minute showers (which Im not following very strictly... The drought might be my fault...) 

Right now, we're driving back in the pouring rain and we're already swirving a little in the puddles and singing. Well, the singing is mostly me and Penguin. My brothers and I have a bit of a system; Blaze will be talking and Penguin and I will hear him say something that was from a song and start singing. For example, this just happened: 

Blaze: It's like a rollercoaster!
Me and Penguin (singing): Its like a rollercoaster ride, don't wanna see it end. Through the storm, through the rain, life is just a crazy game... (etc etc) 
Blaze hates it, but I think it's fun. 
Car rides are fun. It usually ends up with me and Blaze having a comeback war of sorts, or me and Penguin listening to Taylor Swift or Andy Grammar or Disney songs. The little girls end up falling asleep. 

I'll probably have a hard time posting pictures, or posting at all, for the next week or so. My parents are going to France, and I've been doing all my posting on my dad's phone. So I'll do what I can, but be prepared for a lack of pictures and/or posting for a bit. 

And now, before I sign off: 

And because it would be evil to sign off with that fresh in your mind... 

...have a Maine-from-the-car picture. 

Sorry this post was a bit scattered. I sort of did bits and pieces of it throughout the day. 
So now, goodbye, until who knows when!
--Abby, who has been to three different states today and needs a good cup of tea while the boys watch the basketball finals. 

Blah. Sports. 

3 comments:

  1. I especially love the second pic of the flowers; those are gorgeous! And the one of all of you on the stairs ;) And of you and Penguin ;)
    Often on the EC we do multi state driving. It's just weird to me cuz it's all so CLOSE. I mean, a trip across our one state is a lot longer than some of those tiny state trips! Like, 3 states in 1 DAY? (I've done that too.)
    My cousins (well some of them) life in NY, but one of them goes to school in CT! It's just crazy.
    Anyway. I'm glad that since you missed our rain you're getting some too! :) It's back to warm and sunny today. (Of course.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! the scenery was so gorgeous, so I wanted to try and get some good pics. We took a lot of stair pictures, but that was the only one i could get. there were some with the whole fam, and yeah, stair pictures got kinda crazy ;p.
      IKR ITS SO WEIRD like we drove to Maine just for a day trip, where in the WC you would drive to another state for a few nights, at least!
      Yeah, im really happy about the rain, both here and back home. now its back to being rather hot and mosquito-y, ugh.

      Delete
    2. Yeah! It's so WEIRD. It always takes me some time to get used to it. ;)
      Shoot!

      Delete