Friday, November 20, 2015

Book Review--The False Prince



In a faraway land, civil war is brewing. To unify his kingdom's divided people, a nobleman named Conner devises a cunning plan to place an impersonator of the king's long-lost son on the throne. Four orphans are forced to compete for the role, including the defiant and clever boy named Sage. Sage knows Conner's motives are more than questionable, yet his life balances on a sword's point--he must be chosen to play the prince or he will certainly be killed. As Sage moves from a rundown orphanage to Conner's sumptuous palace, layer upon layer of duplicity and deceit unfold, until finally, a truth is revealed that may very well prove more dangerous than all of the lies taken together. 







I. Loved. This. Book. I cannot express it enough. The only thing that makes me happier than this book right now is the fact that I have its two sequels xDDD. It's woven together so perfectly and it throws twists at your face until you decide you'll probably die with this book, but at the same time it doesn't overwhelm you. I was up until late almost ever night this week reading this, so yeah, I was pretty tired at school this week, but it was worth it. 
The shining glory of this book is definitely the twists and turns and how they all fit together. At many points in the story, I felt like throwing the book now and squealing. I mean, I could guess the culprit of a couple Sherlock mysteries, but there were things in this book that I just simply did not. see. coming. This is officially going to be the next book I throw at Blaze over and over and over until he finally reads it and loves it. I did the same with the Percy Jackson books. It took so much bribing to get him to read those, but he loves them. He'll deny it, if you ask him, but I've lived with the kid for thirteen years, he loves them. 
GAH there's nothing left to say READ THIS BOOK

5 out of 5

7 comments: