Thursday, November 26, 2015

Turkey Day!

Thanksgiving. 

The only day of the year when you can eat as much as you want and it's okay because it's patriotic and everyone's thankful. 


Okay, but seriously, sarcasm aside, I love Thanksgiving. I'm making the stuffing again this year and Rosie's in charge of the cranberries again. The boys do nothing except clean and repeatedly ask when the food will be ready. 
Ironically, I'm starving right now because I didn't eat breakfast before Mass and now I'm blogging and I'm kind of giving up on breakfast for today. 



Oh! My birthday updates! 

Okay, it was literally one of the best birthdays in my memory. And I've had some pretty awesome birthdays. My 15th was a lot of fun, and my 13th was on Thanksgiving... But I mean, this one was just awesome. 

So, my mom and I started driving and I had no idea where we were going, and suddenly we end up in San Louis Obispo at a spa resort. It was so beautiful. 
So then, Mom and I are walking down a path, when who jumps out in front of us yelling HAPPY BIRTHDAY...

Maddie!!! 
Except my mom was in front of me, so at first she jumped in front of her and yelled, "HAPPY BIRTH--oh that's awkward." Then she saw me and tried again. I was so surprised, but it was an amazingly awesome surprise. 
So me, my mom, Maddie, and my aunt stayed at the resort for one night. We went into downtown San Louis for dinner and Maddie and I were up until two am watching Mockingjay Part 1, because I'm lame and hadn't seen it yet. 

Maddie gave me a beautiful charm bracelet. My aunt gave me the most comfortable finger-less gloves that she made. 
It was a good birthday. 




The author took a break from writing this post to do chores and make stuffing. 

Thanksgiving feast preparations are taking place in my home. I just finished the stuffing, Rosie's working on the cranberry sauce, Lilian is in charge of the whipped cream for the pie this year, Penguin's chopping stuff (not sure what, I didn't pay attention), and Ronnie job is, as put by my dad, "just keep being cute." 

Blaze came into the kitchen while we were all working with the belt from someones bathrobe and started whipping it around. 
B: WORK, SLAVES! 
Dad: Are you doing anything helpful right now? 
B: I'll ask the questions, sir. 
Dad: What are you doing? 
B: I'm the slave watcher
Dad: That's not a thing. 

The house smells amazing right now, especially because I still haven't eaten any food yet today. 

I'm off to work on NaNo. I'm about 5K words away from my goal. I hope you all have an amazing Thanksgiving filled with wonderful food and family :). 
--Abby

6 comments:

  1. Have an awesome Thanksgiving Abby! I am thankful for you being such an amazing friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of you and Maddie! <3 I'm so glad you had fun!!
    Have a good thanksgiving! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You too!! I'm thankful for all you guys <3 eat lots of stuffing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! It came! I had an awesome time too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete