Saturday, May 21, 2016

Studying For Finals Without Losing Your Mind: Part 2



It's THAT time of year again. Weekend before finals. I've been studying for Geometry and if I do one more proportion or one more quadratic equation I will lose it. 

Ergo, I am here to take a break from studying (read: I'm procrastinating). 
I'm so good at procrastinating. This morning I got out my white board so I could work on proofs and such for Geometry, and this is what happened instead: 

This song was stuck in my head. All. Morning.
They're lyrics from a sea-faring song called "A'Roving". Last night was our school concert and this was one of the songs sung. And yes, every grammatical error was made purposefully. 
Oh well. 

Okay, so of course, you can just go back to my December post, which had a good five or so tips on studying for finals. I'm just kind of extending it a bit, so here we go. 

Taking Breaks vs Procrastinating

It's okay to take breaks, but you need to know when the break ends and when the procrastinating begins. You have to do it at some point, ya know. 

Make a Schedule

I've devoted today to Geometry and Theology. Tomorrow is Biology and English. Do something like that. Be organized. Tackle one thing at a time. And then, the night before that particular exam, go over the material once or twice more, but don't overwhelm yourself. 

Don't panic!

Panicking won't help, gosh dangit! So breathe. 

Food Never Hurts

Eat a good breakfast the day of the test. Eat a good dinner the night before. Eat good snacks when you're studying. Candy and chocolate are good, but make sure you're eating healthy stuff too, because otherwise you'll just feel gross during the exam and that's no fun.

Tea always helps

This might not apply to everyone, even though it SHOULD.

Find Your Method

Are you a flashcards kinda person? Are you a list kinda person? Are you a read-everything-a-million-times-until-I-have-it-memorized kinda person? Find your most helpful study methods and stick to them.

Reward Yourself :)

Set a goal and if you make your goal, go eat ice cream or go to the beach or watch a movie or something. Whatever gets you there.

I know these tips were not nearly as organized as the ones I gave last December, but maybe just combine them with the other ones and they'll make more sense x). Hope these were helpful, and don't panic; I believe in you ;)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your finals Abby! I'm praying for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Good luck on your too!!

      Delete
  2. I always procrastinate soooo bad. Gosh. But I only have one big exam this year, so I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh same! It's so hard to start, but once you actually do start it's fairly easy to keep going. For me, at least x). YOU'RE SO LUCKY ONLY ONE EXAM HOLY COW!! I've got four exams and a seminar, but one of the exams is open note, so technically I only have three exams to study for...

      Delete