Saturday, June 4, 2016

Umbrellas and Rainstorms.

I was super inspired today. 

For those of you who've been reading this blog for a while, (oh those dedicated four people xD) you've probably heard me mention Leslie before. I could do multiple posts on the wonderfulness that is Leslie, but I restrain myself. But I'm allowing myself this one. 

Leslie isn't her real name, but I figured for privacy sake I've given her a nickname. She got me into writing in the first place, back in the seventh grade when we would create little worlds and share them with each other. Because of her I'm still writing. 

She sent me document of something she'd written, and I sat down and read it and I got to this part where she talks about human relationships and my mind was kinda blown. It was so. good. 

We have friendships and relationships with other people because we're a social being. We should share our love with the people around us.


People are everywhere. We find people we love and have friendships with them. In a perfect world, you would find someone and laugh through every day with them and have a perfect friendship. 

But this is clearly not a perfect world and we are clearly not perfect people. But what makes a beautiful relationship between people? 

It's when life has tried them. It's when life has brought boulders to weigh them down and they still manage to conquer it. The most beautiful relationships (and I'm not just talking about romantic relationships) are the ones that have survived through all the difficulties and disappointments of life. They're the ones that picked up an umbrella and walked through the rainstorm together. 

Everyone has different ideas of a perfect friendship. I believe there is no such thing as one. But the most beautiful friendships are the ones that stayed strong despite the imperfections. 

I've seen Leslie maybe twice in the past three years. The last time I saw her was a good year and a half ago. One of my best friends lives half-way across the country. My cousin, who has been my best friend since we were two or three, lives far away too. 

I value my friendships with these people so much because they're still there despite the distances and the difficulties. 
And Leslie was the one who got me into writing in the first place. Where would I be without that. 

I thank God for the wonderful people in my life :)

4 comments:

  1. DO I COUNT AS ONE OF THE FOUR PEOPLE???

    I love this post so much. Those truly are the best relationships. Glad to say I have a few of them myself:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ABSOLUTELY X)

      Thanks!! I'm glad to hear that you do, it makes me happy when people have relationships like that ;)

      Delete