Saturday, September 17, 2016

This Light



there are so many lights in the world. 
there are so many roads
so many ways to go
so many paths.

so many sunsets
so much time
and in the whole great scheme of things,
there's you
and there's me
and our struggles
and our battles
and our light


don't look in the mirror
if you're only going to see the flaws
the breaks
the bandages


you
my dear
could light up central park
there's all this light
our eyes don't see

there are all the stars
the brightness of cities at night
cars on the road

and then there's you

and there's me



and there's our l i g h t




xoxo
abby m



8 comments:

  1. ABBY! THIS IS GOALS. I really love this. Especially the part about the mirror. "don't look in the mirror, if you're only going to see the flaws, the breaks, the bandages" And the next few words after that. Awe. "you, my dear, could light up central park, there's all this light, our eyes don't see"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS POST A LOT <3 ----> "and then there's you, and there's me, and there's our l i g h t" WWWOOOOOWWW I LOVE THAT. I think about this so often. Maybe it's just me, but there are so many people that pass by in life that I never notice. Sometimes when I'm on the road, I just look out and all those cars? With people in? They're PEOPLE. And they all have a story. AKDFJSKFLJ That just blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO GLAD YOU LIKED IT I know, it's crazy to think that there are thousands and thousands of people out there and I don't know their story, they're just random faces passing me by.

      Delete
  3. ...Woah. THIS IS BLOWING MY MIND RIGHT NOW YOU ARE BLOWING MY MIND.

    I'm in awe.

    You are officially the writing queen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. asdfghjkl literal chills taking over me right now this is so beautiful i cannot even words but i want to write these ones on the inside of my heart because wow they are so flawless afjhakjdl;fkdhfsa

    <33333333333333333333
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWWWWW Omigosh thank you so much!!! All the love and waffles to you <3 <3 <3

      Delete