Sunday, September 4, 2016

The Wisteria Writer Tag.



Okay, so I was really excited when I saw this tag, because, I mean, writing?? I dunno if y'all know this, but I. Love. To. Write. (lol you probably know this as this whole blog is basically dedicated to my writing.) So I got MEGA EXCITED when I was nominated for this--twice!! 

Thanks so much Vanessa  and Grace Anne for nominating me! I'm excited to do this!! Go check out their blogs if you haven't because they're awesome x). 


RULES
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the ten (twenty in my case) questions
3. Write ten questions of your own
4. Nominate ten other people for the tag!

Quick confession: I'm a lazy human. I may or may not tag ten people. I'll do my best though!


Vanessa's Questions:

//If you could have any writing power, what would it be?

The power to write quickly. I write unbelievably slowly, especially compared to other bloggers I know. Katie Grace, for instance, wrote 20,000 words in one day, by some magical writing force which I sadly don't have.

//How do you plot your books?

hahahahahahawhat'splotting?? I don't plot. Ever. I think that's why every first draft of anything I write is terrible. I kind of let the story take over and just write, and it never turns out the way I expected it to, which isn't always bad.

//What is the most frustrating thing that has happened to you while writing?

When I went through a phase where I couldn't get myself to do anything. I completely lost confidence in myself and thought I would never be good at anything. That was not my finest hour. But I pulled through, and I'm back in a writing groove x).

//What is your favorite snack to have while writing?

Um, anything. I will eat anything while writing. Or drink anything. I actually drink more than I eat while writing; tea, coffee, etc.

//Which word would you say you write too often?

Depends on what I'm writing, really. I use the word "wonderful" a lot though.

//Where do you get your writing inspiration?

Literally everywhere and anywhere. I always have to be able to write wherever I am in case of a lightning bolt of inspiration.

//Longest amount of time you've written for?

At a time, without breaks, I'd say two or three hours. I can't just sit and write all day, I need to be able to take breaks or else my inspirational wells run dry.

//Most loved blog post?

I really really loved this one, with this one a close second.

//Tips for new book writers?

It's going to be difficult. It's going to eat your soul and leave you sitting in the dark, looking at a blank document, blinking away the sleep, with a cup of coffee sitting next to you. But just write. It's a wonderful thing, to be able to express yourself in words, in your words. Even if you think it's terrible, write it. Make it yours.

//Favorite season to write about?

Fall. Or Winter. I think Fall though. Fall is so much fun to write about. Any kind of cold weather will do for me.


Grace Anne's Questions:

//Do you keep a journal?

I do! It's really helpful for me because it keeps me writing every day, something I would find difficult to do otherwise.

//What kind of music (if any) do you listen to while writing?

I've actually never tried listening to music and writing at the same time. I feel like I would get super distracted by the music.

//Describe your favorite character you've ever written.

GAAAH WHAT I HAVE TO CHOSE A FAVORITE WHY GRACE ANNE WHYYYYYYY.

Fine.
Brady is a twelve-year old boy with eye melanoma because I'm mean like that and he's THE SWEETEST HUMAN. He's super calm and quiet and introverted and likes football and has always wanted to write an adventure novel and loves dogs. And he's got the most GORGEOUS gray eyes that could melt you. I can't write about Brady without squealing a little inside because I love him so much.

//How often do you write?

I literally have no pattern. Either I'm writing every day for hours or I don't write for two months straight. There is no in between. There is no pattern.

//Worst thing you've ever written?

The first novella I ever wrote was TERRIBLE. It look place in England in the Jane Austin-era. And it was terrible. The concept was kinda cool, but it just came out awful.

//Best thing you've ever written?

There are multiple poems I've written that I'm insanely proud of, but I'm also liking my current WIP (because Brady's in it YAAAY).

//What made you want to start writing?

I say this so much, but Leslie. One day she showed me this big, blue binder full of short stories she'd written and I thought, hey, I could do this. And I did. And now it's a huge part of my life and I'm happy.

//Best writing advice you've ever heard?

I think just the Charles de Lint quote you see under my blog name inspires me a lot. I know it's not really advice, but it motivates me to write, to tell my story, you know?

//Do you use Pinterest to plan your writing?

*scoffs* Do I use Pinterest she asks....

But seriously.

Not so much to plan my writing I guess, but I use it to get ideas. Maybe images of characters or scenery or if I'm trying to describe a scene or something, I'll look it up on Pinterest to help me get a better description.

//Is there a specific author that inspires you?

I think anyone who is brave enough to let the world read what they have to say is pretty inspiring. One author in particular that stands out to me would be C.S. Lewis.

I TAG:

JacyRayn, Aaliyah, Monica, Katie Grace, aaaaaaand YOU if you'd like.

Oh my goodness, I tagged four people.
I'm hopeless, my laziness is beating me.

MY QUESTIONS:

Can you remember the first thing you ever wrote?
How would you describe your writing style?
Rhyming poetry or not-rhyming poetry?
What is one thing that ALWAYS gets you into the writing mood?
Favorite thing to write about?
Favorite thing you've ever written?
How would you describe being a writer to someone who has never written a thing in their life?
Do you prefer writing with pen or pencil?
Do you write on the computer or on paper?
What/who introduced writing to you?

Thanks again Vanessa and Grace Anne for nominating me! Love you both <33

10 comments:

  1. Brady sounds like an awesome character! I loved reading your answers to this tag and I am excited you did it! Now that I think about it, I do drink more than I eat when I write. Just easier. Have an awesome week! LOVE YA TOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brady brightens my world x) I'm so glad you enjoyed this, I had fun doing it! It IS a lot easier to drink and write as opposed to eating! Eating feels like work when you write haha!
      YOU HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK TOO! <33

      Delete
  2. THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN TO READ!! Brady sounds wonderful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE NOMINATION I CAN'T WAIT TO DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! Looking forward to doing it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't listen to music and write. Way too distracting!! Fall is definitely great inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I mean, I've never tried it, but I can imagine.
      I love fall so much!!

      Delete