Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Catholicism and plot holes that are killing me

Here's a little drawing I did for you guys

Trying to meet my word quota... as if I had one...

Ok, I did this one at the beach, and the shading is all messed up because... I did it at the beach. So cut me some slack, my art skills are coming along. Slowly.  Also, do you like the little pear?? Get it?? Pear... Apple... Ha. 

I really have had literally no time to write because school is pretty much taking over everything. Today I came home with a backpack full of homework and omigoodness, I was at my wits end. *whimpers* I just want to write at least a three thousand words a week, is that so much to ask? Lately I've been making no progress with this story which is really frusterating because I want to get this finished! It's pretty clear I wont make 50,000 words by April. When I am able to write, I usually only get a thousand words in. Oh the things a teenage writer who has to go to school and participate in life must suffer...

Current word count: 4,581

Today's word count: 243 (At least I got something done)

Favorite line(s) so far: Meanwhile, Thomas had given up with a dish rag and was now attempting to shove a cork up the spout, but the water was just coming out too fast. He looked back at us, "Nothing's working. I have no idea what happened, but it all suddenly came gushing out! I need something... indestructible to stop this water."
I shuddered, "Try rice cakes." Both Thomas and Caeli looked at me like I had just come from the moon. "Just saying," I said defensively.

I'm trying to decide whether I like writing in past tense or in present tense more. I can't decide...

Ugh, my never-ending plot holes must end! I just need to figure out how... I have the main plot set out, I just need to find a way to build up to it. I can't exactly have the peak of the story on page one.

mjfuqcnrhu3cyanhjinehfunesgrfuhiciseknjrci

My plot holes are KILLING ME!!!

But I digress.

So today we started watching a video in science about black holes and the Big Bang and all that fun stuff. I've been looking forward to watching this video since the biginning of school. But, naturally, I didn't get to watch it today because it was my turn to go to confession.

My school has Mass and confession on Tuesdays and I haven't been able to go to confession for a while so I signed up today, but still, BAD TIMING. Luckilly, as I found out later, the video froze or something so I didn't miss much.

It's not that I don't love confession, I do. I love the feeling of walking out with a clean soul. That's somthing you don't get by just telling God you're sorry and moving on with your life.
It's like this: Imagine a piece of wood. Your not allowed to put nails in the wood, but lets say you do anyways. You could be sorry you put the nail in, even really sorry, but it doesn't change anything unless you go to the trouble of actually taking the nail out.
That nail represents your sin. You could be immensly sorry you commited the sin. But, unless you go to confession, that "nail" stays there.

When I was little, my mom gave me this analogy: Pretend theres a toad inside of you. Every time you sin, the toad gets bigger and bigger. But when you go to confession, the toad hops out.  
God is speaking to you through the priest. He's forgiving you through the priest. Confession is a sacrament given to us by God. Why would you want to ignore that?

Can you tell I'm glad I'm a Catholic? It's the only religion founded by Christ; why wouldn't I be happy? :)

Ok, I'm going to try to vanquish my plot holes now.

--Abby

2 comments:

  1. Your drawing is really great!
    Oh, and btw I like your new template! :)

    ReplyDelete