Saturday, February 28, 2015

I wasn't planning on doing a post, but the cursor hovered over the New Post button until I finally gave in. 

I really want to finish Miette's story. Like, really want to. But I feel like it wont turn out how I want it to. Every time I see OYAN or NaNo or something, I think, see, here is something to help me! If I don't do this, the story will end up a fail... Then I look at the price for OYAN. 
Well... I'm doing all right... 

I want to do NaNo this year. But I mean, 50,00 words in thirty days? I have to go to school and aerial and actually go do stuff, not to mention homework (who ever wants to mention homework...). It would be really hard. I can't even meet 50,000 words now! I've been working on this story for what, two, three months, and all I've got is almost 5,000 words. 

I could try though. Theres no harm in trying. 

But I would feel awful if I didn't win. I know I would. 

Ugh. Everything's so complicated. 

I'm going to try to write today, maybe make 2,000 words. But, sadly, I doubt I'll be able to; I HAVE HOMEWORK. 

Also, I'd like to send birthday wishes to friends of mine (Stories and Sketches). I love you guys! Happy happy birthday!! 

Now, I have a really cool idea for this story and I'm going to try to get my homework out of the way so I can do it. 

--Abby

2 comments:

  1. Ikr?? I know someone who does OYAN. I've looked into it, but...the price. But it sounds really cool. :P

    NaNo is the best thing that ever happened to my writing. I mean, a lot of the time, my writing's still not GOOD. But NaNo really helped me!! It was really awesome to have that push for 30 days! I've done it twice now.

    But. 50,000 words. That's hard. But ya know, there's also the YWP (young writer's program) for writers up to 17. (ywp.nanowrimo.org) You make up your own word goal. Last year I did 30,000. Because I honestly didn't think 50,000 was realistic! And I knew that if I shot too high, I would just write feverishly without thinking. And usually when I do that, the writing is bad. So.

    When I feel like 50k is at all possible, I'll try the "adult" one. But till then I'm good. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about the young writer's program! thanks! i was hesitant to try for the 50,000 word one, but know i think i'll give it a shot with the young writer's program next November. plus, i've never tried NaNo before, so this'll be a good "welcome mat" to the program.

      Delete