Sunday, February 1, 2015

Plot holes and such

OOOOOOOkay, I need help. 

*shocker* 

The past few days, I've been working on Miette's story. Miette is my newest character (and the only thing wrong with her name is that annoying little red line that appears whenever I type it). 

I've noticed that a lot of my characters are similar. They tend to get emotional, scream a lot, and they like to be different (i.e. unusual). They don't like the feeling of being confined, mentally and physically. They tend to think they can do anything they set their minds to. For example, Claire was more of a free spirit, unlike many people of her day (19th century England). Miette tends to be emotional, especially when (spoiler!!) she finds out her brother Brady's going blind. 

But that's not what I need help on. That was slightly irrelevant to this post. 

I finished chapter two of Miette's story, and I'm working on chapter three, but I hit a plot hole. 

Aaaaaaand, now I look like this: 


Or this: 


Only I don't have a gun. I have a plot hole. 

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN NEXT. 
NONE. 
ZIP. 

I have great ideas for future chapters, but none for present chapters. 
WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MYSELF. I AM A WRITER WITH NOTHING TO WRITE. DO YOU REALIZE HOW DANGEROUS THAT IS.

By now you probably think I'm lacking in sleep and infusing my system with too much sugar. .-. 

The only reason I started this post was to share with the world my current whereabouts in my story, so that is what I shall do: 

Current word count: 2,963

Today's word count: 350 (approx.)

Favorite line(s) so far: I can't bear to leave my room. For hours I lay on my bed, closing my eyes every once in a while to see what it's going to be like for Brady. Whenever someone knocks on the door, I shout at them to leave me alone, and eventually they do. Eventually the whole world leaves me alone. It feels like it's just me and the ceiling, having a staring contest. Hours go by and nothing changes. I'm still looking at the ceiling. Everything's still silent. Brady's still going blind. 

My goal is to reach 50,000+ words by April or May. I'm working kind of slowly, deleting and rewriting and all, so my deadline hasn't been set in stone yet. 

I'll try to do these little updates as often as I can. 

Also, happy Superbowl Sunday!!!! I myself am a Patriots fan, so to all you Seahawks people, well, GOOD BYE.  
--Abby


No comments:

Post a Comment