Saturday, February 21, 2015

This post doesn't have a good title.

Last night, I wrote a long rant of a post about Lent and confession and how it bugs me so much when people say they don't need certain sacraments etc. etc. etc. But, with a sigh, I deleted it. 

So you've all been spared. 

For now. 

Today I was out with Blaze and Penguin. We went to a burger place for lunch and I was obsessing over the touch-screen vending machine they had (you can mix drinks and get them in different flavors and theres over a hundred choices and OMIGOODNESS). I got  rootbeer and the boys got Poweraid. Um... Ok. Poweraid. Well then. 

Then we went to Menchie's for frozen yogurt. While we were eating, I heard one employee say to the other employee, "Do you want any frozen yogurt?" and he replied, "No, it's Lent." 

I felt like going over there and saying, "YESSSS THANK YOU!!" 

It made my day. 

So, would my five readers mind terribly if I changed the background... again? I was thinking of either doing no background, or doing something close to nothing. Something simple. Not that the current background isn't simple. But I'm becoming bored. 

(I have the same problem with writing. I get bored too easily.) 

I need to write more poetry. I actually did write a poem around Valentine's Day. I don't usually write love poems, but I did because it was Valentine's Day and all. The reason I don't really write love poetry is because it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, like people are going to think I've had experience in this area and therefore I know what I'm talking about. I'm only fifteen, and so I have no idea what I'm talking about. I've never had my heart broken, nor been in a relationship of any kind, so I really should not be writing romantic poems yet, because as I said, I have no idea what I'm talking about. 
But it's fun. So I tried it. 
I'm not going to post it because it came out.... imperfect. Maybe I'll perfect it. 
But again, I get bored of my work easily. 

Yes, please. 
--Abby


No comments:

Post a Comment