Thursday, June 25, 2015

Who Knew Uno Could Be So Exhausting...

So as I mentioned yesterday, my brothers and I were sort of hyper last night. We calmed down a little around nine, and Blaze decided that he wanted to play Monopoly, but I decided I wanted to play Uno. So we compromised and played MASH (I'm going to live in England with four kids, a bunny, and a Prius! Fancy!). Then Blaze said, "Fine, we'll play one round of Uno and then we'll play Monopoly." I kind of groaned because I knew it would only be a five minute game, at most. 
We started the game at around tenish. At ten-thirty, we were getting tired and ready to wrap it up, but we decided to keep playing until someone won. 
At eleven, we realized the game wasn't going anywhere. The deck in the center was literally four cards because we all had so many cards in our hands. 
By eleven-thirty, we were yawning and saying how tired we were, but we were determined to finish the round. 
By midnight, I didn't even care anymore. I was throwing down random cards hoping they would help me. When it wasn't my turn, I'd bury my face into the beanbag. Blaze and Penguin were still trying though. Blaze said at one point, "I haven't been playing Uno for two and a half hours to lose." 
At twelve-thirty, Penguin put down his last card--a wild card-- and Blaze, laughing and screaming at the same time (I think he was delusional from the lack of sleep he was getting), threw down a bunch of cards and yelled, "I HATE THIS GAME!" 

One round of Uno. Two and a half hours. 
We didn't play Monopoly, for obvious reasons, but I think I'm done playing Uno for a while. 

I'll post on Monday or Tuesday, hopefully with some pictures from our trip. 
--Abby

4 comments:

  1. Greetings from Massachusetts! ;)

    Ohmygosh!!! Sometimes you play Uno and it takes like 3 minutes. That's incredible it went so long. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh, yeah, incredible is one word for it. I would also use "tiring", "long", and "hilarious". and "crazy". it was definitely crazy ;p.

      How's MA so far?

      Delete
  2. Uno is the best! There are lots of different versions (Uno Dare, Uno Attack, Frozen Uno, etc.) but the original is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR I love Uno! but i think I'll be taking a break from it for a bit ;p.

      Delete