Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Giant Puzzle Called Life.

My brother was reading on the couch across the room from where I'm sitting and a few minutes ago he stood up and groaned and said, "Well I'm zonked, as they say."
Me: "Nobody says that." 

This is the second time in a row I'm blogging after 9PM, which isn't that late, but I mean... I'd like to sleep at some point.... 

I finished Harry Potter yesterday and the universe decided to cut me some slack because DUMBLEDORE DOESN'T COME BACK except in a near-death vision, which naturally doesn't count SO MY LITTLE WRITER-SELF IS SATISFIED. 

I'm in a situation. I have the most obnoxious cut on my lip and I keep picking at it and it won't go away. Probably because I keep touching it but I wish it would leave. My goodness. So annoying. Also annoying: I have to take the CTBS test tomorrow morning and I just can't function in the morning, just ask my geometry teacher. It makes me think of the PSAT I took a few months back and that's not a fond memory to have. Also, I was just informed about the test yesterday?? Not even half a week's notice?? Who does this?? 

And I owe my friend cookies because I lost a bet. 
We bet with cookies. 
We're not normal. 

WHAT I'M TRYING TO TELL YOU is that even though I lost a bet and I have to take a test tomorrow that lasts all freaking morning and I have the most annoying cut on my lip that refuses to just go away forever like how hard is *that*..... Life is good. 

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier and he had a moment of wisdom and told me, we have to learn to appreciate the small things in life that give us joy, in order to see the bigger things. I agree. It's all pieces of a giant, confusing puzzle called LIFE (not the board game... or the cereal...) 

looks like some kind of book cover...

I'm an awkward person by nature, but most of the time I can joke about it. I say dumb stuff like, "That awkward moment between your birth and your death," generally referring to myself. And life is awkward. We come in contact with people constantly and we all act differently around different people and we mess up and find ourselves in weird, uncomfortable, and sometimes painful situations. Life's a puzzle and sometimes we lose a piece. But the trick is to stay calm and just trust that the missing piece will come back to you. 

It's all a matter of trust. I can be very trusting, sometimes too trusting. I've trusted people who later make me question why I ever did. When I was little, I was innocent and trusting and ended up with fake friends and bullies. Now I'm more cautious, but just in general, I want to trust people. It's hard for me to not trust people, because sometimes I like to think that everyone is trustworthy and I ignore all the times people have proved me wrong. 
And then I wonder if I'm trustworthy. I think we all like to think of ourselves as trustworthy. But I know that there are people who don't and won't trust me in life. And we can't read each other's souls, how are we supposed to know who is really going to be there for us in the future? How should we know what a person's true character is? We don't. But we trust. 

I trust God. I trust Him above all else. I trust in Him more than I trust in myself, because I mess up and without God I'm unreliable and broken. 

I trust that the missing puzzle piece will come back. Because people have let me down in life. And I've probably let people down. But the one who has never let me down and whom I will never let down is God. And that's how I know that the missing puzzle piece doesn't always stay missing. 

Some things to think about during your week :)

2 comments:

  1. I MISSED THIS! Gah. Sorry about that. This is such a good post, too. Definitely something that I've needed to be reminded about.
    p.s. betting with cookies is the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha don't worry about it x) I'm so glad you like it!!
    Isn't it?? Don't cookies make everything better??

    ReplyDelete