Thursday, August 25, 2016

Hope and what it's there for.






God is not Santa Claus. 

You can pray and pray and hope and hope for something for your whole life, and still it may not turn out the way you planned. Maybe you weren't ready. Maybe it wasn't time. 

I've learned that God never truly says "No". He says "Yes", "Not yet", or "I have something better in mind." 

I ran into this question the other day. It was a day I had hoped would go well, but didn't. My plans got thrown off, I got really stressed and nervous. And I found myself thinking, what's the point of hope if you just get let down in the end? 

Then I read Aaliyah's post on Burning Youth about hope. Hope is the light that tells you you will be okay in the end. Maybe not today. But someday. Someday things will be different. 

THAT'S hope. 

Hope isn't supposed to make your life perfect. It's not that if you hope for something it will work out. We have hope in God so that we are at peace with whatever happens. Because we know God is at work in our lives. Because we know we'll be okay, even if our hearts are heavy and bleeding, even if our eyes are wet with tears. 

And hope is a good thing to have. It may not always feels like it. But hope is "that little piece of your heart that says the light is coming.

Don't lose that. 


xoxo
Abby

4 comments:

  1. You and Aaliyah both put this so well. Love <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <33 I LOVED Aaliyah's post about hope, it was so beautiful.

      Delete
  2. GAH. YES. YES! YESSS!!!

    I have gone though much and I keep the saying that things are only temporary in my mind, that God has a plan and I have to stay faithful it's hard but it's worth it.

    Hope that someday things will be better is great. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO GLAD YOU LOVED IT!!

      Yes, I totally agree! It's hard to trust in God sometimes, but it's so worth it in the long-run.
      <33

      Delete