Monday, August 1, 2016

Hello August!



WHAT. NO. IT WAS JUST JANUARY I SWEAR. 
I'm turning seventeen in a hundred and fourteen days. 
WHAT IS HAPPENING. 



JULY IN REVIEW

I don't want to do this, July is like *the* summer month!! And now it's over?? Maybe if I go hide in my solitary confinement cell and just read, listen to music, and sleep time will slow down. (It's rather strange, I've totally created a perfect solitary confinement cell for myself in my head. It would have consistent wifi, blankets, fluffy pillows, fuzzy socks, music, Netflix, tea, chocolate, and books. That's all I need to survive. It's a bit concerning.) 

One big milestone this month was I started driving on the freeway! And so far I've done great. Ish. I only squealed once and I was merging so it's understandable. I've also gotten better at driving while wearing flip-flops, which is just a whole separate skill. Because it's actually difficult to drive with flip-flops? But this is summer in California, all I wear is flip-flops! But I've gotten more used to it, which is good. 

ALSO. Camp NaNo. I met my word count goal, which was actually a relatively small goal because I write slowly. It was 30K. I drank an inordinate amount of tea this month.

First drafts, music, and a long-gone blended chai.
This sums up my month.


I was also sick for like half the month, which was unfortunate. One day I woke up around five AM and I was so tired that I drank coffee. Because tea just wasn't helping my poor sick self. So I got desperate and drank coffee. 
You know you're sick when tea gets purposefully thrown out the window and you resort to coffee. 

The other day we drove down to LA to go to a baseball game because the Red Soxs were in town....



Legit pano right there


Aaaannd selfies of me and my brother were necessary. 






The wackadoos

Sometimes I call him my little baby bro, but he's almost fourteen now. It's not fair. He can't grow, I forbid it. 



So talk to me; how was July from your perspective?



4 comments:

  1. YOU'RE GOING TO BE SEVENTEEN WHAT THAT'S WEIRD. O.O
    Congrats on driving on the freeway!! That's terrifying. And driving in flip flops, which is also terrifying. If I'm wearing flip flops when I practice driving, I just take them off. XD It's so much easier.
    YAY FOR MEETING YOUR NANO GOAL!!!!!!
    I'm sorry that you were sick so long! That's awful. :(
    My July was pretty good! Full of lots of fun things:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even begin to wrap my mind around it!!
      THANK YOU!! Surprisingly, it's actually a TON easier than driving around town. Oh gosh, when I can I avoid driving with flip flops too. They're so inconvenient. x)
      XDDDDDD I definitely felt satisfied, although if I do it again in the future i hope to raise my goal and challenge myself a bit.
      I hate being sick, I hate feeling so... blah. But the upside is that it gave me an excuse to wear pj's and be lazy all day xD
      YAY!!

      Delete
  2. I understand the insane amount of tea thing! I always have to have something around me when I am typing up posts. I love these photos of you and your bothers, they are adorable! right.... someone tell me how it's August?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAASSSS!!! I love tea.
      Thank you!!
      IKR HOW IS IT AUGUST

      Delete