Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Two. Years.




Two years ago today, Quills was born.
Y'all.
That's a long time.

I don't even know where to start. THANK YOU??? FOR EVERYTHING?? It means a lot to me that there are people who actually read this stuff I post, I know I'm not the most entertaining person ever, but a lot of you have stuck around which pleases me x) Keep up the comments and the everything.

So in honor of this celebration, I'd like to do something that has no relevance whatsoever to the celebration but it really cool so I'm doing it. 

I found this list of life advice [*cough* on Pinterest *cough*]. I thought it was really good and decided to share it with you guys. 

1. Have a firm handshake.
2. Look people in the eye.
3.Sing in the shower.
4. Own a great stereo system.
5. In a fight, hit first and hit hard.
6. Keep secrets.
7. Never give up on anyone. Miracles happen every day.
8. Always accept an outstretched hand.
9. Be brave. Even if you're not, pretend to be. Nobody can tell the difference.
10. Whistle
11. Avoid sarcastic remarks.
12. Choose your life's mate carefully. From this one decision will come 90% of all your happiness or misery.
13. Make it a habit to do nice things for people who will never find out.
14. Only lend those books you never care to see again.
15. Never deprive someone of hope; it may be all they have.
16. When playing games with children, let them win.
17. Give people a second chance, but not a third.
18. Be romantic
19. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
20. Loosen up. Relax. Except for the rare life-and-death situations, nothing is as important as it first seems.
21. Don't allow the phone to interrupt important moments.
22. Be a good loser.
23. Be a good winner.
24. Think twice before burdening a friend with a secret.
25. When someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go.
26. Be modest. A lot was accomplished before you were born.
27. Keep it simple.
28. Beware of the person who has nothing to lose.
29. Don't burn bridges. You'll be surprised by how many times you have to cross the same river.
30. Live your life so that your epitaph reads, No Regrets.
31. Be bold and courageous.
32. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
33. Remember no one makes it alone. Have a grateful heart and be quick to acknowledge those who helped you.
34. Take charge of your attitude. Don't let others change it for you.
35. Visit friends and relatives in the hospital. You only need to stay a few minutes.
36. Begin each day with your favorite music. 
37. Once in a while, take the scenic route.
38. Send lots of Valentine's. Sign them, Someone who thinks you're terrific.
39. Answer the phone with enthusiasm and energy in your voice.
40. Keep a notepad and pencil by your bed. Million-dollar ideas often strike at 3 AM.
41. Show respect for everyone who works for a living, no matter how trivial their job.
42. Send your loved ones flowers. Think of a reason later.
43. Make someone's day by paying the toll for the person in the car behind you.
44. Become someone's hero.
45. Marry only for love.
46. Count your blessings.
47. Compliment the meal when you're a guest in someone's house.
48. Wave at the children in the school bus.
49. Remember that 80% of success in any job is based on your ability to deal with people.
50. Don't expect life to be fair.



Again, thank you EVERYONE WHO READS THIS!! This means a lot to me x) Thank you. 

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on blogging for two years! I know how much those kind of milestones mean! This list of life advice is wonderful. People always get to me when they have a floppy handshake... always makes me squirm. I need to send more valentines! OHHHH!!! You gave me a great idea! Sending out valentines like cards when it's not valentines! Yay...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Isn't it good? I know, floppy handshakes are a huge pet peeve. That's such a good idea!!
      <33

      Delete
  2. HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love this list! I think I've seen something similar on Pinterest before, and it always makes me so happy. Your blog makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Haha I love it too!! I know, I love finding stuff like this.
      I SAY THIS SO MUCH BUT YOU'RE THE SWEETEST HUMAN!! <33

      Delete
  3. AHH THAT'S SO EXCITING CONGRATULATIONS!! <3 My two year blogoversary is coming up at the end of the month. It seems like a lot of blog anniversaries are happening right now.

    (also, thank you for spelling 'blogoversary' how I do. It's settling to know that I'm not the only one that thinks it should be spelled that way. xD)

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! <33 Ikr, so many blogs started in August, haha!

      Omg, I'm not alone YASSSSS!!!!! I got nervous after this post, there was a little part of me thinking 'Abby, nobody spells it like that..." So thank YOU for spelling it that way too!! x) <33

      Delete
  4. GAH HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY ABBY!!! THAT'S SO EXCITING. *tosses confetti and waffles* and bro, THIS LIST IS FABULOUS. *flips hair* I've got some of those down, but others.. *nervous laughter* "Keep a notepad and pencil by your bed. Million-dollar ideas often strike at 3 AM." << GOSH IS THAT TRUE. let's have a moment of silence for all those great ideas I've forgotten. :''')

    >><<
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!! IKR I luuuuuv this list x) Same, there are definitely some here I gotta work on. OMG I have like three notebooks next to my bed for exactly this purpose and yet I STILL manage to forget stuff lol!

      Delete