Sunday, August 28, 2016

Back to School (and summer recap)



Summer is over. I don't know how it happened. But it did. Pardon me while I drown my sorrow in a cup of coffee. 

BEFORE I DO THIS THOUGH take note if you will, of the new design? It's not that big of a change, I guess. I just realized that all the black and white was a bit depressing. ((and i like arrows shhh)) 

At the beginning of summer, I made a goals list. Lets revisit that and see how I did. 

1. GET MY LICENSE

Hahahahahanope. I actually took the test but didn't pass, sadly. But my next test is in two weeks and I'm seriously hoping to get it then. 

2. GET MY BRACES OFF

Nope. 

I hate this. 

I hate braces, they will be the end of me.

3. WRITE. ALL. THE TIME.

I'm giving myself this one, because I actually did do a ton of writing this summer. Not as much as I wish I could have, but I need a win, I still have braces and I can't legally drive by myself I need a winnnnn.

4. RE-ORGANIZE MY ROOM

OKAY. This was supposed to be my big project this summer and I totally forgot about it until like three days ago. I did get rid of a bunch of stuff, though.

5. .........GET A JOB.......

I applied for a job at a cafe near my house, but they weren't hiring for summer and if I worked there during that fall it would have clashed with my school schedule. After that, summer was nearly half-way over, so I decided to hold off on getting a job until next summer. (PLUS it's Junior year, a really important year, so I want to focus on school.)

6. LEARN TO SURF

....I got in the ocean and there was a surf board next to me, but I didn't actually learn how to surf. So no.
Every summer I tell myself I'm going to learn to surf, and it never happens x).

7. WATCH CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER

Nope.
I watched Civil War.
And Finding Dory.

But not Winter Soldier. People have spoiled it so much for me anyway, so I'm not sure if I would enjoy it even if I did watch it.

8. START THE SECOND DRAFT OF MIETTE'S STORY

YESSSSS started and almost finished!!!

9. SPEND MOST OF MY TIME BY THE OCEAN

I went to the beach a lot, but to be honest, I didn't go super often. So I'm giving myself half credit. I NEVER went paddle boarding. That depresses me.

10. READ THE RANGERS APPRENTICE SERIES

Giving myself half credit on this one too, because I started it but didn't read the entire series.

(my brother got major obsessed with them though, I think he's almost through the series.)

11. GET RID OF THIS RIDICULOUS SOCK TAN

Another half-credit. The top of my feet tanned. But it still looks weird.



Well, that list somewhat depressed me. I actually did do stuff this year, I just didn't do stuff on my list. Which is unfortunate. 

I was thinking of setting Junior Year goals, but really, I doubt I'd do any of them. The school year always pulls me along, and never the other way around. I do however, have to take the SAT's, I'm shooting for really good grades this year, and I'm going to try to avoid letting chemistry take over my essence. 
So I guess those are goals. 




Summer was short. I wish it weren't over. This summer was filled with beach trips. Ice cream runs. Staying up late. Watching fireworks on the beach. County fair trips. Sunny days roofed with blue skies. Bare feet. Laughs. Music. Writing in the sand. Coffee. Dancing. Camp NaNo. Chasing little siblings down hotel hallways. Wading in the creek. Balancing on fences. Iced tea. Cardboard boxes. 


I wish it weren't gone. but who doesn't? I don't know if I'm ready for Junior year, but ready or not, I'm officially a Junior as of this coming Wednesday. 
Wish me luck :) 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR NEW HEADER!!!!

    Someone's having fun in Canva ;)

    I'M SO SORRY YOU DIDN'T GET YOUR BRACES OFF. That's the literal worst thing in the world.

    It sounds like you've had a lot of fun, though!! I miss summer already.

    WE'RE JUNIORS THIS IS WEIRDDDDDDD. Let's rock this year. *fist bump*

    GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOUUUUUUU lol ikr Canva is magical.

      UGGGHHHHH IT'S JUST ONE STUPID TOOTH THAT WONT TURN ITS SO ANNOYING!!!

      I did, it was a good summer overall x). Sammmeeeee, but on the bright side, Christmas is around the corner!!

      YASSSSS *return fist bump*

      GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO!! <33

      Delete
  2. I wish you the best this school year, you'll do great as a junior, I know it!! Sounds like a good summer(:

    ReplyDelete