Saturday, December 5, 2015

City Lights and Windy Nights.

Once upon a time, I was babysitting Ronnie and it was midnight and super windy, so the two of us sat on the comfortable chair in the living room right next to our big dining room window that looks out onto the lights of the city. The house was creaking in the wind and making weird noises, but Ronnie still managed to fall half-asleep on my lap. 

And naturally, I wrote a poem. 

---------------------------------------------------

City lights and windy nights 
Remembering all the wrongs made right
Crunching leaves that will never fall again. 
Mosquito bites and the big brown chair
Where you would let me play with your hair 
Memories of eyes of our old friends. 
And through the hardest part,
Stuck here in the dark, 
Never truly letting go of our fears 
When all along we've had our happy ending in these years 
Because no matter how strong the wind blows
It doesn't matter how deep the darkness goes. 
Just know that even
Even in the darkest night
There'll always be the stars. 

-------------------------------------------------

It has no title, and I kind of like it that way. I don't know what it is about this poem, but I love it so much. I'm really proud of this one. 

--Abby  

5 comments:

  1. I love this poem! You're so talented Abby! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! <3 And I love the new pink in the new template!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks x) haha pink is a good color to use when everything else in the blog is black and white xD

      Delete
    2. Exactly! It looks really nice!

      Delete