Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Fill Yourself With God.

People who don't see the beauty in themselves try to discourage people who do. It's just human nature. People who don't have anything to say try to shut up people who do. People judge people. We're a big planet of judges. 

I care too much about what other people think. I think it's because I tend to embarrass myself over and over again. But it's one of my flaws. I'm insecure. I'm constantly looking at the people around me to see what I should do, or who I should be. Sometimes I care more about what other people think of me than about what I think of me. 
But it's because I've seen how mean people can be when they see someone be different. People can be just plain awful, and I don't want to be the recipient of any of that meanness. 

But I don't have it as bad as it could be. I go to an amazing Catholic school where everyone is crazy and different. We may be forced to wear the same uniform day after day, but everyone in the school is unique and crazy in their own way.Some people out there feel they have to "express themselves" through what they wear, but you really don't. 
At my school, I'm surrounded by amazing people who embrace each other's differences. But even there, I sometimes feel like I'm doing something wrong and I start thinking about what others think. 

I recently saw this prayer that said, Empty myself of me, Lord, so I may be filled with You. Our lives are not ours, despite what the world is saying. Our lives belong to God. He has a plan for you. So stop resisting it. . 
You don't have to be constantly caring about what others think of you. If you fill yourself with God, it doesn't matter what other people say. You don't need their approval to live out God's plan for you. 

Everyone is beautiful. Everyone is precious in His eyes. So why do we constantly have to point out the flaws of others just to make ourselves feel better? We all have our own flaws to work on. 


We are all God's children and we need to start acting like it. 

4 comments:

  1. This just totally made my day, Abby! <3 I've been needing to here something like this. Thank you! You are so talented in writing like this. You should do motivational posts more often, I really like them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been wanting to do more posts like this ;)

      Delete
  2. Mine too! This is really beautiful. Thank you! :) And I agree with Jo, you should do them more often! ;)

    ReplyDelete