Sunday, December 27, 2015

Late Night Post (featuring Maddie who thinks she's the best)

Merry super late Christmas!! 

Yeah, I apologize. I'm bad at doing stuff on time. So this is my Christmas post. 
Actually, it's 12:30 am and I'm in NorCal with Maddie who insists I call her Rosalinda....... 

My Christmas was amazing. On Christmas Eve, Maddie, my cousin Lucy and I went ice skating and we actually didn't fail. We expected to fail. We didn't. It was great. 



So far, this trip has consisted of: 


  • Psych (love that show) 
  • Soon-to-be Star Wars--the Force Awakens (going to see it on Monday) 
  • Ice skating, as seen above
  • a Star Wars marathon
  • Walks to froyo and Walgreens in freezing weather and then forgetting everything we bought at Walgreens at the froyo shop
  • Found a lost dog, and then found it's not-lost owner (Maddie was so sad to part with it DDX) 
  • Randomly staying up until two am for no reason (but it was like, the whole family, which made it pretty fun) 
  • Multiple cups of peppermint tea (mostly me...) 
  • A game of banana grams between me, Maddie, and her brother Max (which Maddie won and gloats about) 
  • A big and intense game of Spoons between all the kids ages ten and up
  • A game of Settlers of Catan between the four oldest kids (Me, Max, Maddie, and Blaze)(we eventually gave up because we have commitment issues. Maddie technically won by default)
  • My parents and my aunt and uncle decided that they trust us enough to leave us alone in the house all day. Seriously, twelve kids stuck in a house all day is either the most chaotic thing ever or the best. 
  • Lots of cookie and biscotti making.  
  • Chocolate
  • Getting driven by Max for the first time. It was terrifying. I mean, he's seventeen, but I'm already freaked out for my first driving lesson on Wednesday, so... I dunno, I was scared. And also, I don't want to die! 


Maddie says hi and be careful when taking keys off key rings. 

I'm getting home on Wednesday, and I'll do a follow-up Christmas post then, probably going into more details of the trip. 

Maddie is addicted to a game called Bubble Cloud. She hates it. 

[Maddie and I have a weird little friendship. It's the kind of thing where we'll be baking and she'll just drop everything and yell, FIFTY JUMPING-JACKS, GO! and I'll drop everything and do them with her without questions, and then we just go back to baking and don't speak another word about it. Or it'll be really quiet and she randomly shouts, KIWI!!! and I won't look up from whatever I'm doing, I'll just tell her to shut up and she'll crack up for five minutes.] 

OKAY UNTIL WEDNESDAY!! 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 

4 comments:

  1. That sounds so fun! Have a great rest of your trip! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a blast! :P Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you guys too<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This MADDY character seems really cool!

    ReplyDelete