Saturday, July 11, 2015

Paddle Boarding.

One of my goals for this summer was paddle boarding. 

CHECK!

Blaze, Penguin, my dad, and I were home today while my mom and the little girls were out and we decided to go do something because tomorrow the boys leave for summer camp. After we ruled out bowling, rollerskating, and golf (*shudder, shudder, and shudder*), someone suggested paddle boarding. 

It was such a great day for it, the clouds were beautiful, it was hot, and the harbor wasn't too insanely crowded. We rented three paddle boards for me, Blaze, and my dad. Penguin didn't want to paddle board, so he got a kayak, although there was some switching around while we were out on the water. 

The water was so beautiful. We went around the harbor, through the maze of boats and it was so...(dare I say it)... perfect. 

At first there was no wind, which made it a lot easier, but it got a little breezy after a few minutes. That made it practically impossible to stop paddling for more than seven seconds because the water would pull you towards the docks. Some of us did crash, but no one flipped over. Blaze dropped his paddle at one point and I ran into the pier [like a boss]. 

I love California. I love where I live. Every time I go to the beach, or I'm on the water like this, or anything, I'm reminded of that. 
But that doesn't mean I don't want to travel. I mean, I've said this before, Paris. Italy. Hawaii. [insert cliche tourist destination] 

It was amazing, and I hope to do it again sometime soon. 

And before I sign off, I said this in my last post, but I'd like to be able to fangirl at a little more length now. 
Prepare yourself. 

.
.
*switching to fangirl mode*
.
.
OMIGOSH DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, I'm only on the first season, and yes, okay, the episode about the unquiet dead or whatever was freaky, but I mean ITS DOCTOR WHO!! Rose is awesome. I love Rose. And Micky the Idiot. And the Doctor. And Rose's mom. And SCREW IT I LOVE THEM ALL. 

Okay, I'm done.
--Abby

12 comments:

  1. Fun! Today has been such a gorgeous day weather-wise, hasn't it?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh gosh yes, it was gorgeous!! when we were in the car on the way home there was so much salt on my legs and feet because the water had evaporated. Blah. but it was so amazing!!!!

      Delete
    2. IKR? It was one of the most beautiful days of the summer so far! It was gorgeous!!
      Ugh, I hate when that happens. But it's always so worth it ;)

      Delete
    3. gosh i wish days like that came more often.
      ugh ikr, i was creeping out my dad by going LOOK THERES SALT ON MY FEET!! hahaha

      Delete
  2. I've wanted to watch Doctor Who for a while but scary movies or shows really freak me out, (Remember me at Jurassic World? Freaked. Me. Out.) so I don't know if I'd like it. Do you think I'd like it?
    Paddle boarding sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sooo much fun!! try it sometime!
      well, it's sorta freaky, like, im not gonna lie, i was up for a while one night after watching an episode. but its also really cool, so if you do watch it, don't watch it at night ;p. but yeah, it's definitely worth a watch. <3

      Delete
    2. Okay I'll give Doctor Who a try soon! I might end up under the blankets for the whole show, but at least I'd have tried. :P

      Delete
    3. Hahaha it's okay, we've all done that at some point ;p. Let me know what you think!

      Delete
  3. Are you kidding me, I've done that so much! ;) A lot of under the blanket time and lots of bathroom breaks. Sometimes people ask if I want them to pause while I'm gone and I'm like, "Um, NO WAY! The POINT of leaving the room is that we skip over this part!" ;) Most of the time though, it's my friends, and they know exactly why I'm going.
    I haven't watched Dr. Who either. But maybe I should. I've heard a lot about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ikr! I've actually never done the bathroom break excuse, but I'll have to try that! ;p usually i just breathe heavily and chant, "its just a movie, its just a movie, not gonna eat me, just a movie..." hahaha! some episodes of Doctor Who definitely made me scream, which made my brothers think im insane. if you do watch it, i dont recommend watching the fourth episode by yourself.... i think its called the unquiet dead or something...

      Delete
  4. LOL! You should; it's a great excuse! ;) (But like I said, everyone usually knows!) IDK, I just get really easily freaked out by movies. Even if it's not that scary or anything. Even if my brain knows it's not real, my soul doesn't ;) For some reason books never do that to me. It's movies.
    Well, I don't know about yours, but my brothers scream a lot themselves... (Although not during movies. Like, ever) ... and they probably already think I'm insane, soo...
    Gosh, what a title. Whew. Maybe someday I will try it out though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I get pretty freaked out sometimes too. Mostly movies though, for me. But also books. Books can freak me out, especially if I'm reading at midnight or something...
      My brothers actually don't scream! It's weird, like they'll leave the room if they get too freaked out, but they wont scream.
      IKR when I saw it I was like, dang, I wish I could think up titles like that... It's definitely worth a watch!

      Delete