Monday, September 14, 2015

Mondays=Not Fundays

Okay, I'm not a hundred percent sure yet, but I believe I will have my driving permit before the month is over. That makes me happy :). Sadly, I recently learned that my vision isn't great, so I have to get glasses before the test. Glasses and braces? Mmmm..... No thanks. Unfortunately, the DMV requires that I look like a dork when I drive, so I really don't have much say in the matter. I just finished ordering my Warby Parker home try-on glasses, so hopefully they'll get here by next week and then I'll make an appointment with DMV and I'M STRESSED JUST THINKING ABOUT IT! 

This morning, I was in geometry class (grumble grumble) and my teacher was going on and on about a bunch of stuff I didn't understand which was weird because it's shapes, like, I passed Kindergarten, what's the problem here?? Afterwards Brooke came up to me. 

Her: I hate geometry. 
Me: I HATE GEOMETRY!! 

And I said it right in front of my geometry teacher. Of course, I didn't realize this until after I said it. cough I'm so good at this cough 
I really don't need to be on my geometry teacher's bad side, considering that I can already tell it's going to be my worst subject this year. 

My first thought in the morning is (to my alarm clock), I loath you. Blah. 

Yesterday we went to the beach with some of my parent's old friends. One lives in an awesome little beach shack. It's got a total rustic-beachy feel, surrounded by palm trees, totally hidden, with potted succulents and lawn chairs and everything. All it needed was some wind-chimes and I would've been satisfied. There's a wood fence surrounding it with a little gate/hole that you crawl through to get to the train tracks, which you cross and walk along for about two minutes before you get to this amazing, secluded beach. We stayed there all afternoon. 
It was so awesome, the water was perfect and Blaze and Penguin and I went out on our boogie boards super far. Seriously, nothing takes my breathe away like the ocean. Every time. Just the vastness of it and it's so beautiful, especially when you're in it. And I forgot how much fun boogie boarding is. I haven't done it so long, but it literally feels like flying. Call me crazy, I was giddy with happiness. 
I didn't want it to end. I knew in the back of my mind that I had to go to school and do (ugh) geometry and study water fleas under a microscope in biology and suffer through the many declensions in Latin, but it all managed to move to the back of my mind. 
I love the beach. 


So pretty.

SO PRETTY
Blaze just informed me that he's writing a poem for his English class. 
... 
EEP! 
I wanna read!! 

That is all. Kay, bye.
 --Me 

9 comments:

  1. Hey, we'll be twinsies. XD (I'm getting braces in a month or two and I've already got the glasses!) You'll get used to your glasses after awhile. I actually really like mine now, even though I was dreading them! :) Think of them as a pretty accessory. ;) Will you have to wear them all the time, or just when you're driving? Mine are for all the time but reading (and I don't take them to the beach :P).

    The beach is gorgeous isn't it?!? Your friends' shack sounds incredible! :D And boogie boarding is pretty great. :)

    (P.S. Your title reminded me of this quote, author unknown: "Candy is nature's way of making up for Mondays.") ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Twins! Ooh, good luck with your braces. They suck. how long do you have to have them for?
      I only have to wear glasses for driving, tho if i like em, i'll wear em more often ;).

      I love the beach as much as I loath geometry and my alarm clock (which is to say, A LOT!!)

      Huh, I've never heard that quote before! But I like it x)

      Delete
    2. Ugh. You too with glasses. They suck too...at first. Then they get better. :)
      Blehk, I need them for 2-2.5 years. About normal. I'll probably always need glasses/contacts though.

      Yesss, I agree! The beach is the best, and though math has been rather decent so far, waking up is and probably always will be horrible.... :P

      Delete
  2. I love what you said about the beach, it's perfect! The pictures are amazing!
    I'm sorry about your geometry.... I have similar feelings toward the biology class I have this year. :l Oh, and will you pray for me tomorrow? I have a biology test.... fun right?
    See you soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your test Claire, I'll pray for you! Love you!

      Delete
    2. Haha, thanks!
      Ugh, it's horrible! I actually like biology, but i might dislike it later in the year.Of course i'll pray for you!! Good luck!! Study till you drop!

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much! You guys are the best! <3
      Prayers all around! :)

      Delete
  3. Aww beautiful pictures!

    Haha! Don't worry about what happened with your geometry teacher. The other day I was walking to Biology and I said to a friend, "NOOOO! I have BIOLOGY NEXT!!" And then I looked around to see where I was and I was right in front of the Biology room. O.o I was just HOPING that my Bio teacher didn't here me. XD
    Wish me luck on my bio test!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Oooh, gosh, haha that's so awk. xD that's pretty much what happened to me too! But you know what makes it worse? I have ROSSI for geometry, and he's already picking on me enough in class. ugh. i hate school. good luck with biology!

      Delete