Friday, September 25, 2015

Some Deep Moments and Gala 2015:The Adventure Continues

This morning in Geometry, we were proving theorems on paper, and at the end, we write Q.E.D. to finish it off, basically saying that THE THEOREM IS PROVEN AND THE POWERS OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT. 
I sit next to Em, and she wrote:
QED, now I can get outta here! 
Oh wait, we still have eight months... 

*whimpers* 
Thank you, Em. 

First month is done, and yet I feel like it's been forever. Ugh. Why. It's as if Summer never even was. 

I'm in tenth grade now. I still can't wrap my mind around it. I have two years left after this, only two years. This little school that I go to is all I've really ever known, that and homeschooling. It's like I'm living in a bubble. There's sixteen other in my grade and they're what I think of when I think of school, because every day, with every challenge that the teachers throw at us, with every late-night study freakout (which I haven't had in a while, thank goodness), I know that I'm not doing it alone and that they're all there, suffering through it with me. And it's not always suffering--we have days when everything is hilarious and nobody can stop laughing, days when we play guitars and ukuleles on the soccer field, days when we eat cake in class with no real reason, besides the fact that it's cake and it's good. (There was also a time last year when #toastmygoats2015 happened, but I won't go into that...)
I have so many memories with these guys. It's going to be sad when we graduate and go our separate ways. It's going to be sad when we don't see each other every day anymore and complain about how tired we are, how done with school we are, and how much we wish we were down the street eating Jack in the Box (You can see it from the soccer field--it's torture). It's weird to think we won't always be in each other's lives. 
But there's this college I want to go to. It's near where I live, so for the moment, I won't say which college it is, but I really want to go. A lot of people in my school don't want to go to it, because it's literally a continuation of my school. We call it [name of my school] Two; the Adventure Continues. And I can see why. They do a lot of liberal arts there, which is what my school does. It's all seminars, discussion, reading, theses's, etc. 
But I really want to go there. 

On a completely unrelated topic, because sidetracking is my thing, I got into my school's gala again!! Remember last year when I worked at it and it was on my birthday and I was all ticked at first but then it was a ton of fun?? Yeah, I get to do it again xDD. It's the biggest fundraiser of the year, everybody gets super dressed up and there's months of preparation and it's kind of an honor to be picked to work at it. Like, every high schooler wants to do it. 
*happy dance* 
Second year in a row! #wutwut!! 
(I just stooped to using hashtags. What's wrong with me. I never use hashtags.I must be really excited about this.
Oh! And I get to sing at it too! My school has a really good choir. Every student is part of it, and not to brag, but we sound good. So they pick some of the students who are working at the gala and have them sing for everyone. And I get to sing! And I'm super psyched! 

Okay, it's the weekend. I'm leaving y'alls, so have a good one!
--Abby, who really doesn't have to sign off like this, seeing as she is the only one who blogs on here...  

5 comments:

  1. Oooh! That's awesome that you get to sing at the gala! What songs are your choir going to sing?
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr!?!? The theme of the gala is military/navy/army/marines/all that jazz since it's at the Ronald Reagan Library, so we're doing the Star Spangled Banner and other military songs like that. It should be fun!
      Yeah you too! <3

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting asked again! :D And getting to sing! Awesome!
    I loved what you wrote about your classmates; that was really sweet ;)

    ReplyDelete