Friday, September 18, 2015

Now I'm an Official Nerd.

I UNDERSTOOD SOMETHING IN GEOMETRY MY WHOLE WORLD IS TURNING UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!!!!! 

*clears throat* 

Hello. 

My home try-on glasses are here!! Basically, I chose five pairs I liked and they sent them to me ((for free)) and I get five days to decide which one I like best. When I got home from school, my dad was like, "Abby, your glasses came," and I literally screamed. Then I put on a fashion show for my family plus my dad's friend who was over, which might have been awkward if it were someone else, but this particular friend of my dad's is pretty awesome and we've known him forever, so it was chill. 

Anywhosies, TIME TO VOTE!!!!!!!!! 

Now I'm excited, LET'S DO THIS!!! 

#1 

Trying to be cool while taking a selfie because nothing says cool like
taking selfies in the middle of your living room. 
My personal fave. Love them. 

#2 

Nerdy me.
Having waaay too much fun with this.
I like these because the brown blends in pretty well but then there's also the subtle pink on the bottom. 

Closeup.
#3 

Nerd city all up in here.
All black, which is what I originally wanted. 

Geekly chic
#4 


I think these are too librarian for me... 

#5 


Or maybe these are too librarian for me... 

Semi-normal pic for a change 
Okay now vote, people, vote!! I really am leaning towards the first ones, but I also like the second ones with the pink... And I also want to get your opinion! 

"Good things come in fives: starfish arms,
high-fives, five-second rule,vowels."
It's always nice when boxes have a sense of humor. 

Here's a closeup of my favorite pair (numero uno): 

Oh my gosh, it's the invisible guy from Hotel Transylvania!!
I love how they're half-and-half like the pink ones, and I just love the gray-marbley top. Like, give me a pair of glasses with this gray top and the subtle pink bottom and I will die and go to Heaven. But I will take my glasses with me and Saint Peter will say, "Hey, nice glasses!" at the Pearly Gates. 
I'm so tired. 

Tessa talked me into doing volunteer work with her, so tomorrow I'm getting up at seven and going to the beach with her to volunteer with the Best Day Foundation. If you haven't heard of it, it's basically where you play with disabled kids at the beach and help them surf and paddle board and basically give them an awesome day. It sounds pretty great, but I'm a little bit nervous. A few of my friends have done it and they love it. Hannah is one of those friends, and so I was talking with her about it during our study period and she warned me that the kids sometimes like to run. And that they're fast. 
Gulp. 
I'm sure it'll be awesome. 

I've started watching Once Upon a Time, because people just kept telling me how great it is and I finally caved and started it. It's pretty good! I like seeing their twist on the beloved childhood fairy tales, and it's also just an really interesting plot. I mean, fairy tale characters under a curse and forced to live in the modern world? Um, yes thank you where have you been all my life?? 

So yeah. That and Doctor Who are my top two. 

I'm gonna go eat Oreos and be glad its the weekend, even though I can't sleep in tomorrow... 
--Me, who took an embarrassing amount of selfies today 

13 comments:

  1. Wow Abs! You look awesome in all of them, although I have to say that the first pair is my favorite! Congrats on geometry and good luck tomorrow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I really like the first ones too.
      Thanks! I was super nervous, but it turned out to be a lot of fun! I'll probably do a blog post about it soon.
      XOXO

      Delete
  2. HEY ABBY!!!!
    I love these glasses! I think I like #1 and #4..... but this is your face and you should totally do want you think you like the best! or something. :P
    --Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, "or something" xD. So glad you like them!

      Delete
  3. I like #1 and #4, too. I LOVE the colors on #1!! They are full-time glasses, right? Oooh! I get to see you in them tomorrow at mass!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, not quite. These are just the home try-on so the lenses are basically just windows. So I have five days to decide which one I like, then I have to send them all back and order my favorite pair with the prescription. And even when I do that, I don't think they'll be full-time glasses. I'll probably just wear hem for driving, because that's the whole reason I'm getting them in the first place. I can't get my learners permit without them.
      <333

      Delete
  4. Picking five was smart!! It's really nice that you have five days. (Trying to pick from hundreds of pairs in half an hour is...ugh, stressful to say the least! :P) Ha, I know, funny boxes are the best!
    Okay let's do this.
    The colors on #1 and #2 are super pretty!! I have to say though, I like #4 best on your face, I think they look great on you. Like everyone else says too, my second would be #1. But seriously, do whatever your little heart desires! :P
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree with Monica!

      Delete
    2. Wow, everyone likes #4? Huh. I will take that into prayerful consideration x). Thanks for all your input!!

      Delete
    3. Your welcome! I really like them all!!

      Delete
    4. You're welcome, Abby! I do really like #4 on you but they're all really pretty, and you'll look great in whatever. ;) Good luck choosing!!

      Delete
  5. Am I too late? Did you make a decision? Because, I'm on the #4 bandwagon for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, everyone likes #4! I actually do like them, but I picked #1... Thanks though!

      Delete