Saturday, September 12, 2015

Scrambled Post, and I think there's a Would You Rather in Here Somewhere...

It was so hot this week. I had to take cold showers every night just so I wouldn't completely roast when I was in bed. And then I had to go to aerial too, and wearing leggings on a day that hot was no fun. Everyone pretty much died at school. Seventy-five percent of the campus is outdoors. *whimpers* 
So yesterday was Mary Rose's friend Katie's ninth birthday pool party and I went because Katie is Em's cousin and it's been so hot that I couldn't resist jumping into a pool, even if it was completely taken over by five to nine year old girls. So that's what Em and I did. And Hannah and her sister Brooke and my friend Therese were there too, so it was a win-win. We basically ate too much candy and accidentally kicked each other in the pool and did handstands in the grass and danced around to country music.
So yeah.
I went to a nine year old's birthday party and it was the funnest (THAT'S A WORD) thing I've done all week. 

I also had my first biology test yesterday and I think I aced it! I know this stupid little song that helps you remember the seven levels of biological classification, and though it's dumb, it works. Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species. All stuffed in my brain forever to a catchy tune that drives you just a little bit crazy. But then there's the five kingdoms and metabolism and prokaryotic cells and the like and I have no songs for those. But despite that, I did really well! 

But enough with that. Let's play Would You Rather. 

1. Would you rather have to wear only blue for a week or only red for a week? 
2. Would you rather drink tea or coffee? 
3. Would you rather listen to country music or pop? 
4. Would you rather jump into a pool on a really hot day or bundle up in a blanket with hot chocolate by the fire on a super cold day? 
5. Would you rather spend the whole day with all your best friends doing crazy things or read the day away in you room with chocolate and tea and dream about magical, fictional places? 
6. Would you rather eat a giant bug or get stung by a bee? 
7. Would you rather have breakfast in a hot air balloon or dinner in a castle? 
8. Would you rather live without electricity or indoor plumbing? 
9. Would you rather run barefoot over broken glass or hot coals? 
10. Would you rather live in a mansion or on a farm? 

Let me know in the comments! I'd love to hear your answers. 

Yesterday at the party, a friend of my mom's was dropping off her little kids and I went over and said hi. She told me that she's super excited to read my novel when it's done. 
It makes me happy that people what to read what I'm writing. I've had a lot of people ask me about it and tell me that they can't wait to read it. I'm glad that people actually care, I didn't really expect that. But so far, the only ones who have read my novel are me and Leslie. I'm a little nervous, just because I want people to like it, and I don't tend to take criticism well and also, because right now it's mine. If everyone starts reading it, it's not mine anymore, and I'm afraid they won't like what they see. 
Not that I don't want people to read it. It's just that, other than poems I've done for English class, I don't usually write for others. So it'll take some getting used to. 
My English teacher is also writing a book, and she told us that writers write for the world. I don't think that's necessarily true. I write for me. I write what I want to say, not what the world wants to read. So I guess I really shouldn't be worried about people reading my novel, but's IT'S KIND OF SCARY OKAY?? 
I'm supposed to be babysitting right now. Before my dad left, his exact words were, "Mom'll be home soon, so just make sure everyone stays alive until then." 
I'd better go do that. Babysitter of the year. 
--Abs 


20 comments:

  1. 1. Blue.
    2. Tea!
    3. Well it DEPENDS on the country music AND the pop... So really I'm not sure. Country MAYBE. I really don't know. Sorry, that's a lame answer. ;)
    4. Blanket with hot chocolate by the fire on a really cold day. 'Cause I do a lot of jumping in the pool or ocean on hot days. I don't get very many chances for cold days with blankets and cocoa. ;) Besides: COLD! (The heat right now is HORRIBLE. I'm slowly dying...)
    5. It might depend on my mood, but probably all day with all my best friends doing crazy things!! <3
    6. GROSS, Abby! :P Get stung by a bee, hands down!
    7. Dinner in a castle. How cool would that be!?!?!?
    8. Erg. Without electricity.
    9. Ow, the pain!!! I'll go with broken glass. I've done that before (on accident!) and I've lived. I'm not so sure about hot coals... :P
    10. Would I have to WORK the farm? :) I don't know. I've always thought the country is pretty pretty and all. But a mansion would be cool. Maybe mansion.

    Yay!! Great questions! Thanks for doing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3. Yeah, same. I really like both! But country music is super awesome, like Hunter Hayes and Luke Bryan and all those guys xD
      4. UGH IKR HEAT IS HORRIBLE
      6. LOL I'm sorry, it's gross, I know.
      10. only if you want to ;)

      Thanks for your answers!

      Delete
    2. 6. LOL, that's fine; I don't really mind. ;)
      10. Oh my gosh Isabel yes! I vote for country manor!! :)

      I got wrapped up in the would you rather and I forgot my other comments, sorry. ;) I've been studying biological classification this week too, and while I don't have a song, they taught me this handy thing: King Philip Comes Over For Good Spaghetti. It's super random and I know it sounds stupid but it totally helps! (Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Genus, Species; get it??) Anywho. :P Good for you that you did so well on the test!
      Also I totally get what you mean. I mean, no offense to your English teacher...but I think she has that wrong. ;) I mean, you CAN write for the world. People do and all. But I write for me (at this point anyways). It's funny you said this cuz I just started writing a post the other day about that. I got sidetracked though. ;)
      I write mainly becauseI enjoy my story and I enjoy writing it, and I don't really think about what other people will think. :) I bet it's a little weird to think of sharing that with people. But it sounds like your writing's amazing!! Good luck! :)

      (Oops. Sorry. That was a looong comment... :P)

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah, we have something like that too: King Phillip Cried Out For Goodness Sake xD it's probably helpful to a lot of people, but I like my song more.
      Yeah, I think that any writer should write what they have to say because if they write for the world it's not really theirs anymore, you know? My English teacher is also a little bit crazy, so there's that... Haha, don't worry about long comments, I like reading them ;)

      Delete
  2. Here are my answers:
    1. Blue, definitely.
    2. TEA
    3. I really like both... Like, a lot... But I have to go with country.
    4. Again, I really like both, but I'm gonna say jumping into a pool.
    5. Whole day with friends <3
    6. THEY'RE BOTH HORRID, but I'll say eating a bug, I mean, people eat grasshoppers and beetles, right??
    7. Breakfast in a hot air balloon
    8. Without electricity...
    9. Broken glass... Ugh
    10. IDK BOTH I GUESS?? Maybe farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Abby. This is Isabel. :)

    1. Blue!!! Blue is the best!
    2. Tea!
    3. Depends...Probably country tho!
    4. Blanket, cocoa, and a fire on a cold day. Heaven!
    5. I know what everyone is gonna say but probably option two! :)
    6. Would it be cooked? And seasoned? And de-eyeballed? And doused in a delicious sauce? THEN maybe I would eat a bug.
    7. Ooh. Dinner in a castle!
    8. Yuck. With out electricity.
    9. Broken glass. *shudders*
    10. How about a mansion in the country? Like Those country manor house things like they had in the 20's? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Isabel!
      3. Country is the best!
      6. Yes, definitely!! Otherwise I wouldn't even consider eating it ;)
      10. Oooh, yes!!

      Delete
    2. 3. Ikr? But pop is really fun sometimes too!
      4. LOL, good! Just making sure!
      10. :D I've always wanted to live in one of those! How fun! :P

      Delete
    3. 3. Ikr? But pop is really fun sometimes too!
      4. LOL, good! Just making sure!
      10. :D I've always wanted to live in one of those! How fun! :P

      Delete
  4. 1. Blue because there are so many different pretty shades and stuff.
    2. Ugh it's soooo hot I don't want a hot drink! Right now I'd rather have tea if I could have it iced and really sugary.
    3. It depends what mood I'm in. If I'm with a ton of friends probably pop, but if I'm by my self or with a couple friends than probably country.
    4. Blanket, cocoa, and fire on a cold day. And a book. Oh my gosh you don't know how much I want that right now!!!!!!!!!
    5. Whole day with friends!
    6. Like Isabel said, if it was seasoned and all that, than probably the bug option. :P
    7. Dinner in a castle. Think of all the amazing food!!
    8. I guess with out electricity.
    9. Broken glass. ouch.
    10. YES! What Isabel said!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7.Castle as in Hogwarts, right? Just making sure we're all on the same page!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your answers Jo! <3

      Delete
    3. Totes, Isabel!!! Haha. :D Really though, how amazing would that be! ;)

      Delete
    4. Ikr! Uhg. I was SO annoyed when I didn't get my letter! \

      Delete
    5. LOL. Well *I* got a letter. So there. (Remember my birthday a few years ago?)

      Delete
  5. 1. Red
    2. Tea
    3. Pop, though I do like country also
    4. Jump into a pool!
    5. A whole day with friends!
    6. Stung by a bee. Bugs...and me....nope.
    7. Ooooh, dinner in a castle definitely!
    8. Live my whole life without electricity or plumbing? Or just at my house? Cuz, yeah know, if I didn't have electricity at my house I could go to other people's houses..... Let's just go with live without electricity.
    9. Hot coals. =l
    10. Ooooh, a mansion.
    Thanks Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Red
    2. Tea
    3. Pop, though I do like country also
    4. Jump into a pool!
    5. A whole day with friends!
    6. Stung by a bee. Bugs...and me....nope.
    7. Ooooh, dinner in a castle definitely!
    8. Live my whole life without electricity or plumbing? Or just at my house? Cuz, yeah know, if I didn't have electricity at my house I could go to other people's houses..... Let's just go with live without electricity.
    9. Hot coals. =l
    10. Ooooh, a mansion.
    Thanks Abby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, everyones comments are popping up twice.....
      8. Oh gosh, didn't think that through. Um, whichever you want?
      Thanks Claire!

      Delete
    2. Hey, you have a lot of comments, even if some are doubles! I think this makes 17. ;)

      Delete
  7. yeah sorry about that. i dont know why mine came out double.

    ReplyDelete