Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Nothin' much, what about you?

Taking a break from writing to do a quick post.... 
.
.
.
.
.
Is something I would have said if I had been writing in the first place. I'm such a horrible person. I really really really wanna be done with this by half-way through October so I can do NaNo, but I've lost my motivation to write. It's a temporary thing, I get it now and then, I'm sure all writers do, or anyone really. I'm sure sports people sometimes lose their motivation to do sports stuff... But yeah. Once I start writing, I can usually keep going and I'll get into a "zone" of some kind and it'll take an avalanche to get me to stop, but other times, I'll write 300 words and scream and shut the computer. 
I've been working on this for almost a year now. Do you realize that? That's a lot of quality time I've spent with Miette and Caeli and company. At this point, I'm not getting sick of them, of course, but a break would be nice. Sadly, I'm far behind where I should be so I have to stick to it if I want to get anywhere, but I think this is taking a lot longer than it should be. 
I think I might just be lazy. 

Best Day was so great, even though I got seriously sunburned. Tessa and I got to play with the cutest little kid! His name was Dylan and he was four years old and Iswearhelookedlikeababypenguinomigosh! It was great, we got to play with the kids for a few hours, then they gave us lunch (Mexican food, naturally. I mean, it's California, after all) and we had an awards ceremony for the kids and then cleaned up and went home. So I got a good six service hours for school, which is great, because I never know what to do about service hours. Most of the time, I forget about them until it's April and the deadline is staring me in the face. 
After everyone had left, Tessa and I stayed at the beach and went in the water where we got totally demolished by the gigantic waves! Ugh, when a huge wave crashed right in front of you and it's like eight feet high... Scariest freaking moment of your life. Every time it happened, we screamed about how we didn't want to die. An old guy on a boogie board was laughing at us, I kid you not. I mean, I know how to dive under waves, but it's still scary. 

School's been good. It's actually been almost easy, which makes me suspicious. Geometry is harder, but its not killing me yet. Biology is super interesting! That class is a ton of fun. 
I can't wait for Christmas. On Christmas we always get together with Maddie's family, and I miss her tons. Once I was being bullied by this one kid, and it literally took everything I had to hold her back from going at him with a baseball bat. She got so ticked, and I know it's weird, but it made me happy because I have someone whose crazy enough to stand up for me and help me out of situations like that and who will be there. 
And she is crazy. She made me watch Time of the Angels at night. We almost accidentally killed a child on an escalator (super long story)(the child is alive and unharmed btw). She brought me to Taco Bell and ordered two dozen burritos. We went and got froyo before the froyo shop was even open (no stealing involved). We jumped on a trolley and rode around a mall. 
I think we all need a crazy best friend in our lives. Maybe I'm crazy to her too, I dunno. Probably. 

I really should be writing. I think I'm at 40K words now and 100 pages. 

Can you paint with all the colors of the wind? 
Goodbye. 
--Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment