Sunday, September 27, 2015

Babysitting Saga II

My last babysitting saga involved McDonald's, a hotel, Disney movies, and a cab ride home at one am. 
This one is a little less exciting. 

There's this one family I babysit for often, and these kids are so freaking adorable! There's eight kids total, and last night I babysat six of them. The first thing they wanted to do was play hide-and-seek in the backyard, so that's what we did. One little boy and I were trying to find the others, and when we found his sister, he said, "Okay, now we've found two humans." I almost burst out laughing. As far as I was aware, we were only looking for humans, but I didn't bring this up as the kid was, like, four.

Then later I was getting his little sister juice. She's friends with my sister Ronnie and said to me, "Are you going back to Ronnie's house later?" 
"Yup, I live at Ronnie's house." 
"You live at Ronnie's house?" 
"Uh-huh." 
"Does your mom live at Ronnie's house too?" 
"Yup, we both live at Ronnie's house." 
"Oh. I like your mom." 
"I like my mom too." 

 It's Ronnie's house now. That is a terrifying thought. 
At least she lets me live here, otherwise we might have a problem. 

The mom came to pick me up in the afternoon and she had two of her kids with her. One was a little girl who I think is seven. She's Rosie's friend. The first thing she said to me when I got in the car was, "Did you dye your hair?" 
This girl loves my hair. She's constantly playing with it and asking if I cut it recently and telling me I should brush it more often. 
Ahem, thank you, and because you're so cute I will take that into prayerful consideration. 

After all the kids were in bed, I read some of the Iliad for English, and then I found the first Harry Potter book sitting on a shelf and started reading that and now I must finish it somehow because it's against everything I stand for to start a good book and not finish it. Some friends of mine have been telling me how good these books are and that I need to read them, but I'd never gotten around to it. I do need something to read though. I have nothing to read. 
So I'll be borrowing that book from someone at some point. 
Y'all will probably hear more about that another time. 

Football is a big thing in my family, and there's this awesome little pizza place down the street from my house that we go to to watch sports. Last year we went there to watch the World Cup, but now it's football. I'm not really a football fan, nor a sports fan in general, but I like pizza and this place is really awesome, so I go along. 
So Blaze, Penguin, Mary Rose, and I are meeting my dad there soon. Yes, that's right. I'm going to watch football in order to get my pizza. Sue me, I'm American. 
--Me

No comments:

Post a Comment