Thursday, October 1, 2015

Happy October!

Guys, it's October. 
The gala is in twenty-four days. 
The first school dance is in ten days. 
NaNo is in thirty-one days. 
My sixteenth birthday is in fifty-three days.  
Exams are in seventy-three days. 
Halloween is in thirty days. 
Christmas is in eighty-four days. 
SO MANY THINGS IN SO FEW DAYS!! 

I love October. It makes me think of scarves and rain and leaves crunching underfoot and everything turns orange and it's just gorgeous. 
Or, at least that's what it looks like on my desk calender picture for the month. SoCal isn't really up to speed on the whole it's-autumn-now-so-it-needs-to-be-colder-with-rain-and-stuff thing. 
The concepts of real autumn and real winter are foreign to me. That is sad. My scarves are hanging dejectedly on my hooks. 
I'M SAD NOW. OCTOBER IS SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPY. 
Stupid perpetual perfect-summer weather. I like you when it's summer, but not now, when the rest of the world is being normal and bundling up next to fires. Gosh. 

.........

My dad just told me that he's getting a new computer and getting rid of this one. This one has my novel on it. 

LET ME CRAWL INTO A HOLE NOW AND CRY!! 

Oh, not really. 
There's this thing called a flash-drive that could quite possibly save my life. 
Because writing=life for me. 
Dance is a very close second. Very close. Might even be a tie actually. 

I have to revise an essay this weekend for English. We had to write a five-paragraph in-class essay in twenty-five minutes and we were't supposed to prepare beforehand. Um, thank you for that bucket of stress in my life. I needed that. 
But I actually did pretty well. We were graded with the SAT scoring system, and I got a four, which is better that the last in-class essay I did (last year's English exam was an in-class timed essay...). Only one person got a five, all other Sophomores got fours. I really want to get a five next time I do this, and my ultimate goal is a six, naturally. But my pressured essays can seriously be improved, I'm not good at writing with a time limit, especially if it's only twenty-five minutes. 
So now that my teacher has graded and looked at our essays, we get to revise them at home and time ourselves--yay. 
So that's what I'll be doing this weekend. 
And I get to do another one for the SAT's this year. 
...
I am SOOO much for nervous for the SAT's than I am for exams!! 
Congratulations, SAT's, you've topped exams for me. 
Oh joy of all joys. Just what I need. For something more stressful than exams in my world. 

I WANT IT TO RAIN, HAVE I EXPRESSED MY DEEP LOVE OF RAIN YET TODAY?? 
NO? 
I LOVE RAIN!! 
I have to go now, but I want you all to know that IloverainsomuchandIwantittobeautumnnow. 
--Abby


2 comments:

  1. I know!! A few years ago we went back east in October, and OH MY GOSH!!!! It was so gorgeous and scarlet and gold and orange and chilly and rainy. It was amazing. :) California really doesn't have the fall thing down...
    But guess what, it's *supposed* to rain a bit this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omigosh, why can't SoCal be that beautiful in the autumn!?!
      With our luck, we'll probably get a few drizzly days ;). But I hope it rains more!!

      Delete