Saturday, October 31, 2015

Day Zero

...as in, the day before Day One. 

NaNo starts tomorrow and my biggest fear is school (when is it not). I'm so worried that it's going to get in the way and that I won't be able to write. Plus, there are two days I'm hoping to take off: Thanksgiving and my birthday. If I'm desperate, I'll write on those days too, it wouldn't bother me that much, but it would be nice to take a break on those days. 
But let me introduce you to my characters, since I'll probably be talking about them a lot this month and for the month following. There's Anna, my protagonist, short for Annamarie. There's Jamie and Klara, the twins, Paisley, Ginnifer, Myles, Jiminy, among so many others. I really like Anna, though it's a struggle to make her very different from Miette because I've been writing Miette's story for so long that her personality is kind of burned into my brain... But Anna is pretty different from Miette, and that'll become more apparent as the story goes on. Jamie and Klara are sooo much fun, I can already tell ;). I like Ginnifer, even though she kind of jacks stuff up a lot and almost gets a bunch of people killed (yup. It's that kind of story). 

So after school on Thursday, Grace and I went home with Em to help set up for her sweet sixteen/Halloween party which was Friday night. The 24 hours before the party consisted of ice cream, lots of baking and cleaning, music, Disney, and stabbing pumpkins with Dumdums (don't ask)(my arm hurt so badly)(pumpkins are hard to stab). We took breaks from baking and cleaning to sleep, eat, and go to school, of course. School on Friday was a half-day, and it was all just a big All Saints Day party. There was a seventh grade play about Joan of Ark. Each year, the seventh graders do a play on All Saints Day about a saint of their choosing. My class likes to turn everything into a comedy, so our seventh grade play was kind of amazing. I mean, it wasn't disrespectful, but we got the biggest laughs xD. It was so great. 
Em's party itself was Disney/Pixar themed, so I went as Snow White. It was a lot of fun, and I stayed afterwards to help clean up and we had kind of an "after-party", which was basically me and Em smashing cupcakes in each others faces. We made a video, but I can't figure out how to put videos on here, so just take my word for it, it was fun and we were crazy. xD I didn't get home until near midnight. 
Also, I've had "House Party" stuck in my head all day because of this party. But I mean, if I have to have a song stuck in my head, it might as well be country, right?
Here are some pics of me and the beautiful birthday girl on Thursday night when we were setting up: 

I can't smile normally. I think it's against my nature.
"Abby, I'm stealing your hair."
"'Kay"
Photo booth props
More photo booth props and MY WEIRD SMILE.
And tonight is Halloween. What're y'all dressing up as? Blaze is a hobo, Penguin is Revis from the New England Patriots, Rosie is a skeleton, Lilian is a ninja, and Ronnie is the most adorable reindeer California has ever seen x). 

I think tonight I'm gonna do the same thing I did last year: stay home alone with tea and chocolate and occupy myself with who-knows-what. Possibly getting ready for NaNo, but how can you really prepare for it at this point? 
So to all you 'Mericans, Happy Halloween! Stay safe! (I'm such a mother)(I saw the cutest little kid today and if I do become a mother, I want my son to look like him)(I really like to go off on tangents) And to all you writers out there about to undertake an amazing journey, a.k.a., NaNo, I wish you the best of luck! And have fun with it! And wish me luck too, as a first-timer! 

I might not post very much over the next month, but I'll definitely be back for Thanksgiving and my birthday. 
Until then! A very merry un-birthday to you! (My brain is still on Disney mode) 
--Me

1 comment: