Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sing, goddess, the cleverness of Abby, who thoughteth up this title...

Today I have a day off from school. Allow me to set the scene for you: 

I'm still in my pajamas and I haven't brushed my hair. My room is a mess and just to get to my desk to blog a few seconds ago, I tripped on like five things. I had a doughnut for breakfast and I haven't eaten lunch yet, which is probably bad. It's kind of cold outside and gray, which is nice. Lilian and Rosie are at school and Blaze and Penguin are playing video games and I spent the morning singing, doing homework, prepping for NaNo which is in four days, and trying to put together a costume for a Halloween party on Friday. And I'm so tired that I had to google how to spell Halloween. 

I also have been working on an English project. We're almost finished reading the Iliad, so my teacher told us to do some sort of artistic, Iliad related project. I'm doing a pencil sketch of Achilles. 



It's not finished, obviously, but I did this much and I'm satisfied (ish) with how it's turning out. There are feathers coming out of the helmet, but the scanner didn't catch that I suppose. I was going for a dramatic expression, but he looks scared, which I wasn't going for. Achilles is always angry, he can't look scared. I mean, the first line of the whole thing is Sing, goddess, the anger of Achilles. He's like the Hulk. He can't be scared. 
Oh well. 
Also, I'm horrible at shading.

Today is really quiet and really gray and I'm in an artistic mood now, so I'm going to go make new binder covers for school. 

.
.
.
.


I'm back! That took longer than I thought. Here they are: 


English, History, Latin, Biology


Geometry and Theology


I love them. I've been wanting to do this for a while. 

Okay, mom just went to go pick up Lilian and Rosie from school, so the house isn't going to be this quiet for much longer. I'm going to go enjoy it while I still can. 
--Abby

3 comments:

  1. I had the day off too!
    I love that sketch!! You are sooo good at drawing!
    I also love your binder covers! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't free days the best??
    Thank you! I actually am starting to like it more ;)
    Thanks!
    Hope to see you soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! :P
      Hope to see you soon too! Maybe this weekend! :)

      Delete