Sunday, October 4, 2015

GUESS WHAT (CUE SCREAMS)

Okay, so you know how earlier today I was like, "I'm not gonna freak out I'm just gonna be all deep with no caps lock and blah"? 

YEAH WELL THE CAPS LOCK ARE BACK BECAUSE I HAVE NEWS. 

I FINISHED MY NOVEL!!!!! 

OMIGOSH!!!!! 

Okay, I sat down to do my daily writing, and as I was writing, I was like, whoa, what if I finished this today?? 
So I wrote for like three hours and powered out I think 4K words and I'M FINISHED IT'S ALL WRITTEN DOWN AND I STARTED CRYING AND I LITERALLY SCREAMED AND UGH I'M SO FULL OF EMOTIONS!! 

This is so huge! Like, I wrote a book! What??? I've never gotten to the editing process before and now I have and HOLY COW I FEEL AMAZING. 
Endings are hard to write. I kept wanting to add more. But, oh gosh, when I was getting to the end, my heart was beating so fast!. 

Pages: 113
Word count: 46, 539 
How long it took: A freaking year cuz I'm freaking slow
Chapters: 28 


So, it's a shorter book. BUT IT'S FINISHED AND IT'S MINE AND I LOVE IT AND OH GOSH I'M GONNA GO EDIT LIKE CRAZY!! 

I think I should go eat chocolate to celebrate. 
--ME WHO IS SO HAPPY BECAUSE IT'S RAINING AND I HAD TEA AND I'M WEARING MY GIANT SWEATSHIRT AND THIS WAS A PERFECT DAY TO FINISH A NOVEL! 

11 comments:

  1. OMIGOSH!! CONGRATS!! I can't wait to read it! As soon as you are letting people read it can you let me know?? Cuz I'm dying to read it. XD
    What a PERFECT day to finish you novel!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! XD XD XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I will! It might take a bit tho, cuz im still editing and all that, but yeah, I'm super excited!! <3
    IKR I love rain!!!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is HUGE! Great job!!!! <33333

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS ABBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD XD XD Yay!! CONGRATS!!!!! This is such a big accomplishment! Good for you! <3 And like Jo said, it's the PERFECT day to finish a novel. I'm so glad for you!! (And...Ireallyreallyreallywannareadit!!) ;P

    YAY!!!
    *confetti, tea and chocolate all around*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much!! IKR It was such a perfect day!!

      I REALLY WANT CHOCOLATE AND TEA NOW MONICA!!

      Delete
    2. MEEEE TOO! XD (Actually, I'm drinking tea as we...type?...but I sure want the chocolate!!)

      Delete
    3. Haha, girl, you got the right idea ;). im gonna make some tea for myself later

      Delete
  5. Congrats on finishing your year-long writing project, Abby! That's fantastic! What happens next? More editing, I assume . . . I forget if you have a title for the book. I'm eager to hear how you knew you were done, that it was time to stop writing . . .

    xoxo
    Gma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, lots of editing, which I'm still in the process of doing. It might take a while because of school and homework and all that, plus I'm preparing to do a writing challenge next month that will put this story on hold until December or so. But yeah, you'll be hearing more about it soon ;)
      xox

      Delete